Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insulate Britain protests

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
your last sentence blows the rest of your post out of the water ......if you have 3 kids , they each have 2 kids that is a net growth of 2 to 9 in 2 generations , say 30 years , along with your kids partner so half that to a net growth of 4.5 per family over the next 35 yrs .....in 35 yrs we have a global population of at lest 21 billion ......that is just not serviceable , it's the elephant in the room , the damage will be done in Asia , Indonesia and Africa .....not on the bloody M25 FFS....!!!

It's part of the problem but equally if there were no children we wouldn't have to worry about climate change at all as in 100 years everyone will be gone.

It's about balance surely and trying to reverse what's happening or is your stance to do nothing as the end is inevitable in which case why not overthrow all governments and just go hell bent for self destruction.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
your last sentence blows the rest of your post out of the water ......if you have 3 kids , they each have 2 kids that is a net growth of 2 to 9 in 2 generations , say 30 years , along with your kids partner so half that to a net growth of 4.5 per family over the next 35 yrs .....in 35 yrs we have a global population of at lest 21 billion ......that is just not serviceable , it's the elephant in the room , the damage will be done in Asia , Indonesia and Africa .....not on the bloody M25 FFS....!!!

The ways to reduce childbirth are well established and proven to work, so this doesnt necessarily need to be a problem in the future if the West allows poorer parts of the world to build their economies, which is a little bit difficult as long as we keep stealing all their stuff.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/insulate-britain-m25-protest-wednesday-b962508.html

Insulate Britain have warned motorists not to use the M25 on Wednesday and have declared the motorway “a site of nonviolent civil resistance”.

The campaign group, an offshoot of Extinction Rebellion, has asked that if drivers do use the road they reduce their speed to 20mph.

They said: “Starting from 7:00 on the morning of Wednesday October 27, the M25 will become a place of nonviolent civil resilience to stop our Government committing crimes against humanity.

“We ask that: People do not use the M25, and if they do, speeds are reduced to 20mph to minimise the risk of accidents.”

Insulate Britain also called on the Highway Agency to enforce the 20mph speed limit it had set and asked the police to “refuse to arrest us”.

selfish crvnts
can you drive at 20mph through one of their blockages or do you have to wait in standstill traffic at 20mph?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The ways to reduce childbirth are well established and proven to work, so this doesnt necessarily need to be a problem in the future if the West allows poorer parts of the world to build their economies, which is a little bit difficult as long as we keep stealing all their stuff.

birthrates around the globe would contradict that , countries having the largest families have nothing worth stealing and are not and never have been pillaged by "us" , have a look...???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It's part of the problem but equally if there were no children we wouldn't have to worry about climate change at all as in 100 years everyone will be gone.

It's about balance surely and trying to reverse what's happening or is your stance to do nothing as the end is inevitable in which case why not overthrow all governments and just go hell bent for self destruction.

India , China and Africa , even the poorest parts are addicted to mobile phones , the amount of devices out there is staggering and the collective carbon footprint , i would imagine is gargantuan.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
"One member of Insulate Britain, Suzie, 47, from Cambridge, said: "If going to prison and losing my home is what it takes to get the government to do the right thing and cut our carbon emissions then it's a price worth paying."

That's as stupid as saying you can grow concrete, to me.

you're not one to trouble reality then?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

poor logic, if you can't do everything, it doesn't mean you should do nothing

the richer nations may wish to set an example and also research a way to tech ourselves out of this crisis

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
India , China and Africa , even the poorest parts are addicted to mobile phones , the amount of devices out there is staggering and the collective carbon footprint , i would imagine is gargantuan.

how many children and phones have you got?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Smuggy self-righteousness is strong this morning:-

[tweet]1453285674782711821[/tweet]

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
you're not one to trouble reality then?

I don't throw my time away on a fringe cause taking action which is guaranteed to lose public support and ensure the group, their cause and anyone who involves themselves with it is a punchline.

This is a protest by bored people with nothing better to do, for any cause they could think of. They're offering no alternative, no practical solutions and they're obviously enjoying the attention.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't throw my time away on a fringe cause taking action which is guaranteed to lose public support and ensure the group, their cause and anyone who involves themselves with it is a punchline.

This is a protest by bored people with nothing better to do, for any cause they could think of. They're offering no alternative, no practical solutions and they're obviously enjoying the attention.

They are offering an eminently practical solution - insulate homes better and you cut the energy used to heat them which cuts down the carbon dioxide produced. Its a simple and achievable solution .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Smuggy self-righteousness is strong this morning:-

[tweet]1453285674782711821[/tweet]

Not sure whether you are supporting this action by the person spraying them but if you look down the comments you will see a person wishing that he used battery acid...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They are offering an eminently practical solution - insulate homes better and you cut the energy used to heat them which cuts down the carbon dioxide produced. Its a simple and achievable solution .

there is existing plan costing £3.6bn that gets the poorly insulated properties upto a decent standard. Insulate Britain want a solution they estimate will cost £19bn year, which will be mostly be spent upgrading already decent insultation.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
there is existing plan costing £3.6bn that gets the poorly insulated properties upto a decent standard. Insulate Britain want a solution they estimate will cost £19bn year, which will be mostly be spent upgrading already decent insultation.

Do you know whether the £3.6bn is really adequate or should there be more? Is there a measure on how effective this is scheme is ?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

i can't remember any human saying something dumber than "you can grow concrete", that level of stupidity will be very difficult to surpass; so it's not like anything else at all

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
i can't remember any human saying something dumber than "you can grow concrete", that level of stupidity will be very difficult to surpass; so it's not like anything else at all

I’m not so sure, can you believe one of our fellow fans here on NSC actually suggested that the highest attendance in the history of Brighton & Hove Albion FC was at the AMEX……

Now that is a whole new level of stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here