Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for League Cup game v Swansea

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's effectively confirmed Locadia will play as well. "He has been involved in the squad, he has been training well, but he needs some time on the pitch,"
"It is not easy to get that in the Premier League. Obviously we have got a cup game next week, which is an opportunity for him to get some time.

I do hope that he shows the sort of form against lower league opponents that he has consistently demonstrated in the past for us in cup competitions.

We’re only a Welbeck injury, a Maupay suspension or a Connolly front page away from really needing this lad. Best of luck to him.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I hope Locadia plays and scores. Good luck to the guy. We may well need him at some point this season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Steele
Lamptey
Roberts
Burn
Leonard
Alzate
Moder
Richards
MacAllister
Ferguson
Connolly

Probably ish.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Brighton are an extremely generous 33/1 with Betfred.

I'll be having a tenner each way on that. Very good value if we get past the Swans and drew someone like Preston at home in the next round. :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’d like to see Tolaj start, he looked quick and aggressive in his cameo at Walsall. Tsoungui and Roberts were my pick of the players at Cardiff.

Those three youngsters blended in with some of our first team squad players would be decent. Something like:

Steele
Lamptey-Roberts-Burn-Tsoungui
Mwepu-Moder
Groß-Alzate-Mac Allister
Tolaj​

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Lamptey will be managed. He’ll start and play a set time, probably first half or 55-60 mins. We won’t want to bring him on as game could go to extra time.

Giant
Some U23 Roberts Burn
Lamptey Computer MacArgie Gross Moder
Connolly DJ Strollabout

Lots of subs from HT

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Goalkeeper : Walton

Defence : Jan Paul Van Hecke, Ostigard, Karbownik, Bernardo

Midfield : Mitouma, Zeqiri, Tau, Caicedo

Strikers : Sima, Andone

Oh hang on.....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Oh hang on.....

Not always easy to keep up with who out of the 293 players we have is where. I'm with you

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd imagine he'll start though, as he can then be taken off whenever he needs to be, its more of a guessing game if he goes on as a sub, especially as it could go to extra time

Lamptey will be managed. He’ll start and play a set time, probably first half or 55-60 mins. We won’t want to bring him on as game could go to extra time.

No it couldn't.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No it couldn't.

Oh rly? Straight to pens is it?

The bastardisation of the modern game. I think back to some of my all time favourite Brighton games, in the old two legged League Cup, Man Utd under the lights at the Goldstone, Leicester away at Filbert Street. All taken from us so the big boys can play a few more champions league games for no more purpose than earning a few bob.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I’d like to see Tolaj start, he looked quick and aggressive in his cameo at Walsall. Tsoungui and Roberts were my pick of the players at Cardiff.

Those three youngsters blended in with some of our first team squad players would be decent. Something like:

Steele
Lamptey-Roberts-Burn-Tsoungui
Mwepu-Moder
Groß-Alzate-Mac Allister
Tolaj​

I've liked the look of Tolaj for ages. He may well get a run out at some point. But Connolly is an important first team member and has to get game time under his belt, hopefully a goal or two as well. Locadia too, to a lesser degree.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've liked the look of Tolaj for ages. He may well get a run out at some point. But Connolly is an important first team member and has to get game time under his belt, hopefully a goal or two as well. Locadia too, to a lesser degree.
Being honest I’d forgotten about Connolly, that said I think my selection would suit a big old number 9 like Tolaj more than a Connolly type.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Oh hang on.....
Why include players who are on a 'loan to go while running down their contract' basis, like Andone and Walton? And is Bernardo still ours anyway - or Tau? Much better team available -

Rushworth

Dendoncker/Van Hecke, Ostigard, Clarke, Cochrane

Weir, Caicedo, Jenks, Khadra

Sima, Zeqiri​

Tempted to put Molumby in there to make the team even stronger, but I won't cheat!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why include players who are on a 'loan to go while running down their contract' basis, like Andone and Walton? And is Bernardo still ours anyway - or Tau? Much better team available -

Rushworth

Dendoncker/Van Hecke, Ostigard, Clarke, Cochrane

Weir, Caicedo, Jenks, Khadra

Sima, Zeqiri​

Tempted to put Molumby in there to make the team even stronger, but I won't cheat!

Could swap Zeqiri for Ward.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The team should be ostensibly our Premier League reserve XI - as it was when we played Pompey in the equivalent match last season.

Interestingly, that was the last time Propper and Stephens started together in centre midfield. That pair seem a world away now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here