Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for League Cup game v Swansea

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
There’ll be 11 changes but will be stronger than the team against Cardiff.

Scherpen

Lamptey
Tsoungui
Roberts
Burn

Leonard
Alzate

Mwepu
Richards
Moder

Connolly

Be good for the likes of Moran and Ferguson to get on again in the second half.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Antef Tsoungui hasn't featured since the Liverpool game for the U-23s on August 28, so he may well be injured currently.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if Groß will be able to play?

————————Steele————————
——Tsoungui—-Burn—-Roberts———
Lamptey—Mwepu—-Groß——Moder
——————Mac Allister——————-
——-Connolly—————Locadia——-

Alzate & Richards are clearly in the running too.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
----------------Steele
------Tsongui Burn Roberts
Lamptey Mwepu Moder Alzate
---------Connolly Richards
------------------Tolaj

I'd also like to see a bit of time for Locadia and MacAllister.
Gross should also be getting some game time if fit

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Tbf....our second team looks pretty good!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I have a really good feeling that we can at least make the final of the League Cup. Yes, we'll have to beat maybe two of the big four (CL teams) but you never know with the draw.

Potter will be up for it 100% tomorrow night against his old club and then we'd be in the last 16. We can name strong teams if we're mid-table or just above. Exciting times ahead and for the first time since our debut early season in the Premier League!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I have a really good feeling that we can at least make the final of the League Cup. Yes, we'll have to beat maybe two of the big four (CL teams) but you never know with the draw.

Potter will be up for it 100% tomorrow night against his old club and then we'd be in the last 16. We can name strong teams if we're mid-table or just above. Exciting times ahead and for the first time since our debut early season in the Premier League!

Personally I think we'll continue to treat it as a second string / u23 tournament, even if we draw Liverpool or Chelsea, who have much stronger reserves than we do and have managers under more pressure for silverware.

I think we'll go out as soon as we play someone decent.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter has already said Lamptey will play

He's effectively confirmed Locadia will play as well. "He has been involved in the squad, he has been training well, but he needs some time on the pitch,"
"It is not easy to get that in the Premier League. Obviously we have got a cup game next week, which is an opportunity for him to get some time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Potter has already said Lamptey will play

He has, but weren't his words something like 'play a part'? I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he starts. Nice impact sub to have for the last 30 mins against tiring defenders though!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Be interesting to see who plays in goal, the bench yesterday would suggest Steele is considered number 2 presently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here