Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Plaudits

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We are sitting in fourth and I am not seeing much wider praise aimed at the Albion.

Are we not expansive enough?

Are we not brave enough?

Are we still unfashionable?

Are we still judged by our spurs away performance in CH’s last season?

Have we quietly become an established team?

Quite like going about our business quietly and improving year on year but find it odd it’s not widely called out.

Is this actually the Brighton way?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are sitting in fourth and I am not seeing much wider praise aimed at the Albion.

Are we not brave enough?

Quite like going about our business quietly and improving year on year but find it odd it’s not widely called out.

#teamslikebrighton

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Are we not brave enough?

I couldn't give a damn what so called experts say, we are 4th in the table, that's all you need to know and that's all you need to enjoy.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I couldn't give a damn what so called experts say, we are 4th in the table, that's all you need to know and that's all you need to enjoy.

Quite. I'm not getting over excited, it won't last, but at least its good for morale and hopefully we don't spend most of the season twitching like a truth/dare contestant after a jumbo bar of chocolate ex-lax.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

It was an observation and quite happy about it

Not so much 4th as it’s way too early but winning 4 from 5 is normally reportable

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Are we not brave enough?

Really? I've seen and heard loads of it - even before the game today...

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The commentary team on the dodgy stream I watched today got a bit carried away whilst willing Leicester on today and stated that the Albion were the most improved PL team so far this season, before they went back to gagging for a Leicester goal

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was always confident that we would do better this season - not CL places, of course, and no way will we stay there. So far, though, I don't think we've really got going near anywhere near our best - but that applies to most teams at the start of the season. I refuse to believe we've simply been lucky, but put it this way - when last season the toast was dropped it always fell sticky side down, this year so far the toast has fallen with the butter and jam side up.
Long may it continue! It won't, of course, but if it could stay that way until after Palace and Arsenal I'd be very grateful!

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If we don’t get praise on MoTD for our start to the season we never will.

When we beat Liverpool last season we were given a very decent amount of praise but not much has come our way since. We also got a small bit when we beat city. Playing one at the back was briefly mentioned I recall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here