Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Not interfering with play

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Lineker, Leicester, a ton of others bitching about VAR. It seems that the main crux of their argument is that having their player in Sanchez's face, and in an offside position is somehow "not interfering with play".

shrug-alan-partridge.gif

Both goals correctly disallowed.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lineker, Leicester, a ton of others bitching about VAR.

Funny. Neither Lineker nor Leicester were bitching about VAR when it chalked off a perfectly decent Chelsea equaliser in the last minute of the FA Cup Final :shrug:

Thanks for the 3 points, Gal

:goal:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sweet victory, particularly when that plum Schmeichel was giving it the big 'un when he thought they'd made it 2-2 :lol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Look I love my club but I am one of those rare fans who can actually see black is black and white is white, even when the Albion are involved. We were very lucky today.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
After having to share a carriage with a real bunch of Leicestershire bell-ends I could not be happier about their two disallowed goals and our penalty.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Look I love my club but I am one of those rare fans who can actually see black is black and white is white, even when the Albion are involved. We were very lucky today.
And we have been very unlucky in other games last season.

Swings and roundabouts. The only thing that counts is we got 3 points and sit 4th in the League.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

There'll be plenty of games where we don't get any luck. That's the way it has always gone in my 45 years of watching Albion...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lineker, Leicester, a ton of others bitching about VAR. It seems that the main crux of their argument is that having their player in Sanchez's face, and in an offside position is somehow "not interfering with play".

View attachment 140547

Both goals correctly disallowed.

Maybe one of his colleagues will bring him up to speed on the offside law

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Exactly. And I'm not complaining. We deserved to be on the right end of some bad decisions, after some shockers against us last season.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Mental Lental;10009899[/QUOTE said:
We had some absolutely shocking luck last season with refereeing/VAR decisions. Every club says that, but we demonstrably did, evidenced out through our xG among other things.

We were enormously fortunate today with the decisions and I am delighted about it. Finally some evidence that the old "it all comes out in the wash" adage is, eventually(!) true.

1. The handball. First watch I jumped out of my seat - all I saw was a stone-wall handball. But... VAR clearly showed Maupay was blatantly fouling Vestegaard and it should have been a free kick to the Foxes. VAR completely missed that one. Very, very lucky decision for us and poor one if you're a Leicester fan or neutral.

2. Their first disallowed goal. A bit harsh. An argument for offside, but wouldn't have been given by VAR if not flagged originally by the assistant referee. A bit dodgy but ultimately defensible umpire's call in our favour.

3. The benefit of another "umpire's call", the kind of one which makes cricket fans want to scrap the rule completely. Again, given by the assistant referee - but should've been overturned. This one wasn't "harsh" - it was plain incorrect. Extremely lucky again with this one.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We had some absolutely shocking luck last season with refereeing/VAR decisions. Every club says that, but we demonstrably did, evidenced out through our xG among other things.

We were enormously fortunate today with the decisions and I am delighted about it. Finally some evidence that the old "it all comes out in the wash" adage is, eventually(!) true.

1. The handball. First watch I jumped out of my seat - all I saw was a stone-wall handball. But... VAR clearly showed Maupay was blatantly fouling Vestegaard and it should have been a free kick to the Foxes. VAR completely missed that one. Very, very lucky decision for us and poor one if you're a Leicester fan or neutral.

2. Their first disallowed goal. A bit harsh. An argument for offside, but wouldn't have been given by VAR if not flagged originally by the assistant referee. A bit dodgy but ultimately defensible umpire's call in our favour.

3. The benefit of another "umpire's call", the kind of one which makes cricket fans want to scrap the rule completely. Again, given by the assistant referee - but should've been overturned. This one wasn't "harsh" - it was plain incorrect. Extremely lucky again with this one.

Did you just cut and paste that from another thread? There's so much wrong in absolutely everything you've said there I can't even begin to think about where to start in all honesty. If I'm honest, you're already on my radar as being at best......a bit thick. At worst....A Palace troll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here