Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] VAR - Man of the match

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Objectively:

1) The penalty

Maupay clearly fouling the defender. Would be really miffed if I was the oppo.

2) First disallowed goal

In strictest terms, a passable verdict. Sanchez eye line was impeded

3) Second disallowed goal

In very strictest terms. Very, very. No, actually, it was a goal.

It would be interesting to see how it turned out if the on field verdicts had been different.

I hope we haven't used a few matches luck up here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The offsides were totally correct.

You can't just stand in front of the keeper in an offside position like that. It obviously distracts even if marginally and 100% is offside.

The penalty was definitely a handball, but the argument would be whether Maupay fouled or not... For me this was a 50/50 and wouldn't have been too upset if it wasn't given.

The penalty wasn't 50/50. Maupay had a hold of him and as he moved towards the ball tightened his grip. He was struggling to jump hence the flaying arm. Astonishing decision.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
All of these decisions are pretty subjective and I'm happy they all went the way they did.

Not sure Brendan Rogers harrassing the ref in the player tunnel before second half did him any favours.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Not sure why VAR is being mentioned really, everything were as per the on field decisions, as it should be.
Surely the lino deserves some credit!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Before VAR, that game would have finished 1-3 0r 2-3 Leicester.

But I guess I will take it on the chin:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Both offsides correct all day long. If I was a Leicester fan I’d be asking what the hell Rogers and/or Barnes were thinking with such a stupid/suicidal tactic. Once you can say was a mistake…twice?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Before VAR, that game would have finished 1-3 0r 2-3 Leicester.

But I guess I will take it on the chin:)

Before VAR the game would have finished the same as all VAR decisions confirmed the on field decisions.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Our penalty, agree. Their two, we'll, if you're going to put an offside man right in front of the goalie, you get what's coming to you!
I remember last year when Burn was adjudged to be offside for a similar situation.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Three incorrect decisions, top six bias evident here :laugh: :albion2:

The linesman was man of the match. He called the offsides and they weren’t obvious errors so had to stand despite the fact that Sanchez wouldn’t have saved either.

Very very lucky win today. Collecting the credit from last season at last.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Both offsides correct all day long. If I was a Leicester fan I’d be asking what the hell Rogers and/or Barnes were thinking with such a stupid/suicidal tactic. Once you can say was a mistake…twice?
It was clearly a tactic and seen as such by the linesman, before Lineker wades in he should ask what exactly they were doing there?

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The linesman was man of the match. He called the offsides and they weren’t obvious errors so had to stand despite the fact that Sanchez wouldn’t have saved either.

The goals were correctly disallowed. Leicester didn’t play within the laws of the game. How is that luck?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can only assume that in their training, they had an opposition defender on the post.

And/or the balls were in swinging?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Before VAR the game would have finished the same as all VAR decisions confirmed the on field decisions.

I possibly thought VAR would overrule some of these decisions, as the commentary I was watching thought the same, but I am happy all the same.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Barnes is an idiot. Why would you stand right in front of the keeper when you’ve already had one goal ruled out from doing it. We cleared the box quickly knowing he was just standing there offside and luckily the assistant referee was sharp enough to notice it.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Is clear an obvious error how it works for offside VAR, thought it was always objective?

Edit: although a player in front of the GK would have to be a subjective decision?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here