Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why are we looking for a new striker when Big Jurg is in the squad?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
On reflection, why do we need to waste north of £20m on a new striker, when the genius that is Potter can turn Locadia from an aspiring DJ into the Prem’s best finisher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have long been #teamlocadia. He let himself down big time with his attitude in his last game for us against Saints so I’ll wait and see how he does after a bit of game time, which I am guessing he will eventually get.

It will be a turn around that we have never seen before though if he pulls it off

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I have long been #teamlocadia. He let himself down big time with his attitude in his last game for us against Saints so I’ll wait and see how he does after a bit of game time, which I am guessing he will eventually get.

It will be a turn around that we have never seen before though if he pulls it off

I genuinely think, like Big Shane, Locadia may rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and make a real contribution. He is in the last chance saloon but he couldn’t have a better coach than Potter to help him find his feet.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Because he is not good enough for the PL.

Are you sure? I mean he has shown moments of quality. He needs to get his head straight and find consistency, but it is not impossible

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I get the impression that his game depends on how well things go for him from the start, basically his head goes down as soon as something doesn’t go well

I’d love to see him do well, he’s got most of the required attributes just needs a bit of tweaking

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Are you sure? I mean he has shown moments of quality. He needs to get his head straight and find consistency, but it is not impossible

Yes. Could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jurgen+locadia&&view=detail&mid=A6E9034F61BFFA56AA4DA6E903 4F61BFFA56AA4D&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dju rgen%2Blocadia%26FORM%3DHDRSC3[/video]

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I get the impression that his game depends on how well things go for him from the start, basically his head goes down as soon as something doesn’t go well

I’d love to see him do well, he’s got most of the required attributes just needs a bit of tweaking

Exactly, a long run as Lago in Potter’s reimagining of Othello at the Sallis Benney theatre could help revive JL’s confidence no end. Don’t give up on Big Jurg just yet.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why are we looking for a new striker when Big Jurg is in the squad?

I really can't imagine :shrug:

Hmmm. I admire your optimism, but I believe it is unfounded. I fear if we do nothing in the striker acquisition race, then we will reap yet another relegation struggle.
I actually agree that there are no guarantees a new striker would work, but, doing nothing means we will be in a relegation struggle again. The Prem hasn’t suddenly got weaker; the defending will still be top notch.
Those are the hard and harsh facts. I cannot believe Swanny and co are still arguing against the need for a new and better striker. It is just plain wrong. And we are accused of being childish or simplistic! Just ridiculous. Perhaps they are Palace plants!?

:lolol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why are we looking for a new striker when Big Jurg is in the squad?

I really can't imagine :shrug:

:lolol:

I have seen the light. The future is Bug Jurg!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I genuinely think, like Big Shane, Locadia may rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and make a real contribution. He is in the last chance saloon but he couldn’t have a better coach than Potter to help him find his feet.

Hang on. When I suggested midfielders could improve and contribute more goals (to try and stop you panicking about our lack of striker purchase) you completely dismissed this. It seems that wasn't so mad as we've had winners from Tross and Mac allister this season

Yet you suggest this. A player we already have improving and contributing to the goalscoring.

I can't work you out.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On reflection, why do we need to waste north of £20m on a new striker, when the genius that is Potter can turn Locadia from an aspiring DJ into the Prem’s best finisher?

£20m is a waste of money whatever way you look at it, in this division you need to pay more than that

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hang on. When I suggested midfielders could improve and contribute more goals (to try and stop you panicking about our lack of striker purchase) you completely dismissed this. It seems that wasn't so mad as we've had winners from Tross and Mac allister this season

Yet you suggest this. A player we already have improving and contributing to the goalscoring.

I can't work you out.

A goal is a goal. Whether it comes from a defender, midfielder or striker. However, the main role of a striker is to score goals. Big Jurg is the answer, Potter the catalyst.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
£20m is a waste of money whatever way you look at it, in this division you need to pay more than that

Yes, hence my “north of” comment

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We’re just waiting for our investments to mature.

Last season, we signed a front three of Khadra, Welbeck & Zeqiri. This season we have signed a front three of Sarmiento, Sima & Mitoma.

We may we’ll have already signed that top striker, time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here