Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton fans most GSCEs in Premier League

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The irony being that most folk with a GCSE with their name will not click on that link because it's The Sun.

And the OP goes gets a FAIL for calling it GSCE...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t have any, just GCEs :shrug:

Didn’t O levels and A level used to both be called GCEs? It was a long time ago!

I never had to produce the certificates, employers just took my word, is it still like that?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I don’t have any GCSE’s, I feel disenfranchised [emoji3062]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have one …. Remember the NAMET classes at Raleigh for those of us that didn’t have either maths or English.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don’t have any, just GCEs :shrug:

Didn’t O levels and A level used to both be called GCEs? It was a long time ago!

I never had to produce the certificates, employers just took my word, is it still like that?

Seem to recall that around 1968/9 one of our least performing french groups were put in for GCSEs and it was the first anyone had heard of them. Pretty sure non grammar schools used them at the time and that a good grade in GCSE was the equivalent of a low pass at GCE. Probably the beginning of the end for Grammar schools in Brighton and Hove.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Seem to recall that around 1968/9 one of our least performing french groups were put in for GCSEs and it was the first anyone had heard of them. Pretty sure non grammar schools used them at the time and that a good grade in GCSE was the equivalent of a low pass at GCE. Probably the beginning of the end for Grammar schools in Brighton and Hove.

I think you are mixing up GCSEs and cse

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

No that was a cse

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But just reading NSC proves that passing exams does not equate to higher intelligence given some of the inane comments posted regularly.

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
The reliability of this table has to be questioned . Clearly the Crystal Palace number is a total for the club and not an average per supporter

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I got 6 O Levels, 4 CSE’s. Clever me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here