Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] VPN

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
tried to search VPN but too short for the engine. Can anyone point me to an old thread or give any recommendations please on best VPN to use and why.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
tried to search VPN but too short for the engine. Can anyone point me to an old thread or give any recommendations please on best VPN to use and why.

Worth trying out some free trials to make sure the VPN you select will work with the service you are trying to use. For instance, I understand (from a friend ???) that Peacock TV does not work with Express VPN but does with NordVPN

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Worth trying out some free trials to make sure the VPN you select will work with the service you are trying to use. For instance, I understand (from a friend ???) that Peacock TV does not work with Express VPN but does with NordVPN

A friend of mine hasn’t had an issue with Peacock on Express.

Apparently he uses the Washington DC server

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
It all depends on where you live in the world. In my case for watching BBC/ITV/Ch4 & 5, Amazon Prime etc. and living in Spain it's UKexpat VPN. Even works for friends in Australia.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

Can confirm Nord works with Peacock.

Also, Peacock accept payment by Paypal which means it can be purchased outside of the States. Quite handy.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
A friend of mine hasn’t had an issue with Peacock

SingaporeGeographic-Bird-Peacock-00126.jpeg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I use CyberGhost. Whilst it works for the things I need it to work for, I have to turn it off for general internet use. bbc.co.uk is my second go to site (after NSC) but even if I use a UK IP address it still comes up as bbc.com. Guessing this is because the BBC and, as such, Sky and the others, must all know CyberGhosts UK IP addresses.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I used IPVanish for a while for when I was abroad with work but got a bit paranoid when I discovered it'd disconnected from the VPN by itself but not shutdown my internet connection like it was supposed to, and I was in a country that doesn't allow WhatsApp but that was running still and receiving messages from people.

Can't rule out this being an issue with my laptop, but since installing ExpressVPN the same problem hasn't happened again, and if it disconnects for any reason it shuts down internet traffic until it reconnects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here