Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby County facing potential 21-point deduction

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Derby County face a potential 21-point deduction after filing for administration. The club will be automatically issued with a 12-point deduction upon officially appointing administrators, which they are expected to do in the coming days, and also stand to be deducted nine points, plus a suspended three-point deduction, for a separate breach of the English Football League’s financial regulations."

Sticking the boot in aren't they?

Poor old Derby...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"Derby County face a potential 21-point deduction after filing for administration. The club will be automatically issued with a 12-point deduction upon officially appointing administrators, which they are expected to do in the coming days, and also stand to be deducted nine points, plus a suspended three-point deduction, for a separate breach of the English Football League’s financial regulations."

Sticking the boot in aren't they?

Poor old Derby...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I heard somewhere (possibly @ElPresidente that they were filing for Admin because they were getting a points deduction anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I feel for their fans, I have probably been to more Derby away games at both the Baseball Ground and their new ground than any other club. Had a good day out at all except that play off fiasco.

Remember how they choked in the playoffs year after year for what seemed like a decade?

I wonder if they’d have been better off sticking with Clough (Nigel not Brian :lolol:), he seemed to me to be building with youth

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I heard somewhere (possibly @ElPresidente that they were filing for Admin because they were getting a points deduction anyway.

I would not mind betting that they are hoping to escape the 9 point deduction by going into admin . Personally if they broke the rules i would love to see them get both to hopefully teach themselves and others a lesson . No sympathy from me i'm afraid .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would not mind betting that they are hoping to escape the 9 point deduction by going into admin . Personally if they broke the rules i would love to see them get both to hopefully teach themselves and others a lesson . No sympathy from me i'm afraid .

I think their aim IS to get them both, but in the same season, as they were likely to go down anyway, so why not 'lose' one deduction.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I think their aim IS to get them both, but in the same season, as they were likely to go down anyway, so why not 'lose' one deduction.

Think rooney was being bullish in an interview the other day saying that he thought they could overcome one of the point deductions and still stay up .
In my mind that makes the scenario you suggest less likely but who knows with that bunch ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I feel for their fans, I have probably been to more Derby away games at both the Baseball Ground and their new ground than any other club. Had a good day out at all except that play off fiasco.

Remember how they choked in the playoffs year after year for what seemed like a decade

Awful for them isn’t it? I imagine fans of Tranmere, Gillingham, Grimsby, Rochdale, Southend, Colchester, Peterborough, Wrexham, Crewe and scores of others who have never experienced any of the success Derby have enjoyed down the decades are similarly devastated for Rams fans facing the prospect of a season in the third, maybe even fourth tier.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Awful for them isn’t it? I imagine fans of Tranmere, Gillingham, Grimsby, Rochdale, Southend, Colchester, Peterborough, Wrexham, Crewe and scores of others who have never experienced any of the success Derby have enjoyed down the decades are similarly devastated for Rams fans facing the prospect of a season in the third, maybe even fourth tier.

Quite a few fans of big and small clubs didn’t give a shit if we dropped out of the league and went out of business. Doesn’t make it the sensible thought to all fans though :shrug:

Fans are fans, big club or tiny

Gillingham fans can **** right off though :smile:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They gambled everything to get in the Premier League in a few years window and lost.
No sympathy from me from someone who has learned a lesson, all be it with my own finances.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t cheat - simple…

Bmuff - QPR - Massive - Derby - Leicester - have I missed any out who cheated and broke the more recent ffp championship rules of the last decade or so?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do have some sympathy with them. Mel Morris was happy bankrolling them and had decided enough is enough. If Tony Bloom decided to walk away / stop funding us to we’d be in a similar situation

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don’t like to see any club struggle like this but I find it difficult to like them these days.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hard to feel sorry for Derby fans. I occasionally glanced at their forum and know one in real life, and what was amazing how was boastful they were about their cheating. How Mel Morris held the EFL like a puppet on a string. How he knew every loophole and was some kind of superstar accounting genius, fiddling the books just the right side of legally.

They were proud of this behaviour and developed a victim complex when the EFL had enough of their blatant arrogance.

The whole plan was to break the rules so much and so flagrantly, by the time the EFL gathered evidence they'd already be basking in PL riches.

Normally, especially considering our history, I'd feel bad for the fans who have little if any say in how crooks run their beloved clubs. (See Wigan, Chester, Darlington et al). But this is different.

A couple of seasons down in League One will hopefully give them a little humility, Guendouzi style, and they can take responsibility for their part in endorsing the shit show they have helped to create up there.

The only ones I feel bad for in this are the SME creditors, who will get pennies on the pound under extremely harsh Covid conditions, and may even lose their businesses over unpaid debts. Meanwhile journeymen footballers on £10k's per week are "Super Creditors" and will likely get paid the lot.

Shocking state of affairs and all, completely, entirely their fault.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Seems their getting both. Had they not gone into admin, only 9pt deduction and a chance of staying up. Now extremely unlikely although this does allow them to pretty much clear their debts.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do have some sympathy with them. Mel Morris was happy bankrolling them and had decided enough is enough. If Tony Bloom decided to walk away / stop funding us to we’d be in a similar situation

Bloom stuck to the rules every club physically signed up to.

Mel Morris was a sly **** who didn’t, by a huge margin, giving them an unfair advantage in the Championship over honest owners and clubs. Karma, it failed. By many accounts the long ongoing EFL cases against the club have deterred billionaire buyers = double karma.

If Morris hadn’t have cheated, they’d have a much reduced payroll cost base and he’d still have wealth to trickle in gradually.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hard to feel sorry for Derby fans. I occasionally glanced at their forum and know one in real life, and what was amazing how was boastful they were about their cheating. How Mel Morris held the EFL like a puppet on a string. How he knew every loophole and was some kind of superstar accounting genius, fiddling the books just the right side of legally.

They were proud of this behaviour and developed a victim complex when the EFL had enough of their blatant arrogance.

The whole plan was to break the rules so much and so flagrantly, by the time the EFL gathered evidence they'd already be basking in PL riches.

Normally, especially considering our history, I'd feel bad for the fans who have little if any say in how crooks run their beloved clubs. (See Wigan, Chester, Darlington et al). But this is different.

A couple of seasons down in League One will hopefully give them a little humility, Guendouzi style, and they can take responsibility for their part in endorsing the shit show they have helped to create up there.

The only ones I feel bad for in this are the SME creditors, who will get pennies on the pound under extremely harsh Covid conditions, and may even lose their businesses over unpaid debts. Meanwhile journeymen footballers on £10k's per week are "Super Creditors" and will likely get paid the lot.

Shocking state of affairs and all, completely, entirely their fault.

Excellent post, covering all bases.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To rub salt into the wound, [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] rejoiced over their plight on the local radio station.

Ramstalk:
3ED08724-A2CC-4DB3-A05C-9A82D4F288FF.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here