Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone know anyone senior at TNT (a long shot, I realise)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We've been having a nightmare with a passport delivery from TNT. It's been promised FOUR times, but not turned up. Between the family, we've spent many, many hours on the phone to both TNT and the passport office over the past week. We're supposed to fly on Monday, and it's looking like we won't all be going! If anyone knows anyone at TNT, I'd be very grateful for some info or help......

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sorry

wile.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can’t help, but sincerely hope you do better than I did with UPS.

I tried to send my daughter her birthday present in Spain. They had it for nearly 3 months before it arrived back with me. In between, the Spanish customs wanted €100ish to release it when the declared value was c.£150.

UPS big-wigs never responded to any attempts to contact them and I was sent a further bill (as was my daughter) after the parcel arrived back with me.

It seems that these “logistics” companies are falling apart at the moment!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a rotten dilemma OP, heart goes out to you and yours. Could you not maybe send ahead all those family members that DO have valid passport dates and then try and move heaven n earth to play catch up with rest of holiday party next week. Best of luck :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We've been having a nightmare with a passport delivery from TNT. It's been promised FOUR times, but not turned up. Between the family, we've spent many, many hours on the phone to both TNT and the passport office over the past week. We're supposed to fly on Monday, and it's looking like we won't all be going! If anyone knows anyone at TNT, I'd be very grateful for some info or help......

info@tnt.co.uk - Customer services
keiron.myall@tnt.com- Managing director
bernard.bot@tnt.com - Chief Executive
https://www.linkedin.com/company/tnt-uk
https://www.facebook.com/tntukofficial
https://twitter.com/tntukofficial
https://www.youtube.com/tntcouknews

Name and shame, I hope this helps :)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Thanks for the responses folks - much appreciated. Until about 30 mins ago I would have rated TNT as the worst company I have ever dealt with. They have a special number you have to ring for passport deliveries, but I think it must be operated by just one person - between us, on at least 6 occasions we were on hold for an hour before the line just went dead! That's six hours of wasted time - added to around four or five other occasions where, after about 45 mins, we actually managed to get through. But when you do get through they literally have no idea how to help - they don't seem to have any access to any system to tell you where the delivery is! And if you try any other Customer Service function within TNT, they say they can't deal with passport issues!

Anyway, about half an hour ago I managed to get in contact with someone reasonably senior (via a LinkedIn message). Even though he's on holiday, he has promised to sort it. I'm still not 100% relaxing, but my view of TNT has altered!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Thanks for the responses folks - much appreciated. Until about 30 mins ago I would have rated TNT as the worst company I have ever dealt with. They have a special number you have to ring for passport deliveries, but I think it must be operated by just one person - between us, on at least 6 occasions we were on hold for an hour before the line just went dead! That's six hours of wasted time - added to around four or five other occasions where, after about 45 mins, we actually managed to get through. But when you do get through they literally have no idea how to help - they don't seem to have any access to any system to tell you where the delivery is! And if you try any other Customer Service function within TNT, they say they can't deal with passport issues!

Anyway, about half an hour ago I managed to get in contact with someone reasonably senior (via a LinkedIn message). Even though he's on holiday, he has promised to sort it. I'm still not 100% relaxing, but my view of TNT has altered!

Looking at the online reviews of TNT you are not alone and they come across just as a shambles of a company. Why the Passport Office are using them I have no idea as clearly they are failing both you and thousands of others.
The main problem with courier companies is that you are not the customer so they have little interest in resolving issues, providing they can keep their customer happy.

Hopefully this can be sorted out as promised and all of you can depart on the holiday. Clearly you will need the holiday to get over the stress caused by TNT,

When you are back I would contact my MP and ask them why the Passport Office are using taxpayers money to use TNT when clearly they are not up to the standards that everyone would expect and deserve,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looking at the online reviews of TNT you are not alone and they come across just as a shambles of a company. Why the Passport Office are using them I have no idea as clearly they are failing both you and thousands of others.
The main problem with courier companies is that you are not the customer so they have little interest in resolving issues, providing they can keep their customer happy.

Hopefully this can be sorted out as promised and all of you can depart on the holiday. Clearly you will need the holiday to get over the stress caused by TNT,

When you are back I would contact my MP and ask them why the Passport Office are using taxpayers money to use TNT when clearly they are not up to the standards that everyone would expect and deserve,

Is there any decent competition though? three recent things for me, 2 sent from UK and one sent to the UK have all ****ed up one way or another and one was DHL, one DPD and can’t remember the other. They all seem utter shite. I have given up now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

One of Passport Office's previous courier services were far far worse. Special Mail Services they were called, if memory serves. Truly pathetic levels of service. Doubtless the cheapest bidder.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is an article in today's Guardian which I can't link to, which implies this is a common problem for many. TNT can't deliver.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

In my UPS debacle, I was the customer, though, and everything Jim has said about trying to contact them was the same.

I’ve still never had a response to my question about what the Spanish customs charge was for or how it was calculated.

I’ve decided that using couriers just isn’t going to be something I do from now on. My daughter will get her presents when and if I next see her!

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham

Who is your MP?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I feel your pain, trying to get hold of the council recently for a new parking permit was so effing difficult! Covid is not an excuse, dealing with people in offices has always been I nightmare!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
TNT are absolute toilet despite now being owned by fedex. In the last month they’ve lost 2 gearboxes and earlier this year a transit engine….. That’s Not There is how we describe them and refuse to use them whatsoever, I’d rather lose a sale than lose a customer because something either doesn’t turn up or 3 turn up a week late.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good luck - my new passport turned up pretty damaged , then had to reapply using a paper form, new photos and send it back in and wait a further 2 weeks because of it [emoji849]

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Good News! The passport turned up at about 7pm yesterday. So all worked out in the end.

However, it is literally beyond stupid how many hours has been wasted on this, and how much stress it has caused*, when a simple act (ie, the delivery driver calling my daughter's mobile when he got to the bock of flats) was all that was needed for perfect service. On four separate occasions, on different days, someone from TNT drove to the block of flats and then gave up because they couldn't access the building - notwithstanding the fact (and we checked with TNT) that her mobile number was included with the delivery details. And notwithstanding the fact that there is a concierge (24/7) at the development (there are three blocks together - the central one has a concierge service that operates for all three).

In the end, out of sheer desperation, I managed to track someone down via LinkedIn....as it happens, he was nothing to do with the part of the business that was trying to make the delivery. Plus, he was on holiday. Plus it was a Saturday afternoon. Plus, he had no idea who I was. But he responded, got an understanding of the issue, emailed seven different people within the relevant part of TNT, and one of them then contacted me. As a result, the driver was tracked down in East London, asked to return to the flats, given DETAILED instructions to call my daughter on her mobile when he got there, and HEY PRESTO - a successful delivery.

*Of course, in the grand scheme of things it's not the most pressing issue - our family holiday would have been delayed, we would have lost some money on a few things (although hopefully flights could have been re-arranged at little cost). The hassle would have been painful. But it wasn't life or death.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Good News! The passport turned up at about 7pm yesterday. So all worked out in the end.

However, it is literally beyond stupid how many hours has been wasted on this, and how much stress it has caused*, when a simple act (ie, the delivery driver calling my daughter's mobile when he got to the bock of flats) was all that was needed for perfect service. On four separate occasions, on different days, someone from TNT drove to the block of flats and then gave up because they couldn't access the building - notwithstanding the fact (and we checked with TNT) that her mobile number was included with the delivery details. And notwithstanding the fact that there is a concierge (24/7) at the development (there are three blocks together - the central one has a concierge service that operates for all three).

In the end, out of sheer desperation, I managed to track someone down via LinkedIn....as it happens, he was nothing to do with the part of the business that was trying to make the delivery. Plus, he was on holiday. Plus it was a Saturday afternoon. Plus, he had no idea who I was. But he responded, got an understanding of the issue, emailed seven different people within the relevant part of TNT, and one of them then contacted me. As a result, the driver was tracked down in East London, asked to return to the flats, given DETAILED instructions to call my daughter on her mobile when he got there, and HEY PRESTO - a successful delivery.

*Of course, in the grand scheme of things it's not the most pressing issue - our family holiday would have been delayed, we would have lost some money on a few things (although hopefully flights could have been re-arranged at little cost). The hassle would have been painful. But it wasn't life or death.

A good outcome in the end, unfortunately the calibre of driver will typically be poor based on the remuneration

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here