Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Rob Bell C5 and Lighthouses.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Don't know if anyone saw the programme last night and i knew a little bit about Eddystone as in being washed away in a storm knew nothing about the fire. Was aware of the cylindrical shape aspect but again nothing as too the tongue and groove laying of stone. Will be interesting to see what other lights are going to be covered. eddystone.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Rob Bell's documentaries are brilliant. His bridge one and the tube one were incredibly interesting. He has amazing enthusiasm for the subjects he covers, and explains things so they are easily understandable.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Don't know if anyone saw the programme last night and i knew a little bit about Eddystone as in being washed away in a storm knew nothing about the fire. Was aware of the cylindrical shape aspect but again nothing as too the tongue and groove laying of stone. Will be interesting to see what other lights are going to be covered. View attachment 140506

Did not watch but I will, so don't know what was said on the programme, but Smeatons tower on Plymouth Hoe is an old Eddystone Lighthouse, inside it gives you a history from the first lighthouse.
Absolutely fascinating how they travelled out there and built the original lighthouse on a rock all those years ago.
I sometimes go on a fishing charter to The Eddystone Reef so get up close to the lighthouse, the fishing is also fabulous, huge Pollack and Conger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here