Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 Finals Day, Edgbaston

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
On the train north to everybody's favourite West Midlands city beginning with B.

The ECB's plot to kill off half the counties off to a stellar start with just Hampshire (boo) making it of the "big" test match ground sides.

Fixtures are:
11am - Hampshire (boo) v Somerset

2:30pm - Kent v SUSSEX (yay!)

Final at 6:45pm

I suppose I could have had a lie in and arrived in good time for the Sussex game, but then I'd have had to share my carriage with somebody.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the train north to everybody's favourite West Midlands city beginning with B.

The ECB's plot to kill off half the counties off to a stellar start with just Hampshire (boo) making it of the "big" test match ground sides.

Fixtures are:
11am - Hampshire (boo) v Somerset

2:30pm - Kent v SUSSEX (yay!)

Final at 6:45pm

I suppose I could have had a lie in and arrived in good time for the Sussex game, but then I'd have had to share my carriage with somebody.

Driving up, on the road shortly. Likewise could have missed the warm up game but might as well take the opportunity to boo Hants 😁

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Come on Sussex!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A last hurrah for Salt and Jordan today?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Salt and Wright will both need to fire today.
After them, it’s an iffy batting line-up.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Squad:

Luke Wright (captain), Will Beer, Ravi Bopara, Jack Carson, Oli Carter, Mitch Claydon, George Garton, Chris Jordan, Archie Lenham, Tymal Mills, Delray Rawlins, Phil Salt, Harrison Ward, David Wiese (overseas player).

There is one change from the squad that travelled to Durham for the quarter-final against Yorkshire Vikings at the end of August, with the now departed Rashid Khan replaced by off-spinner Jack Carson.

Was there for Finals Day 2018, busy day, got a bit aggy towards the end!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Totally underwhelmed by a Sussex Match, never thought I would type that, was a Member for many years, well done ECB...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What is our line up?

It’s a shame there’s no Robinson, although even without him it’s a solid attack. Maybe ward will get the nod over Carter.
So at a guess..

Wright
Salt
Bopara
Rawlins
Weise
Carter
Garton
Jordan
Lenham
Beer
Mills

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Come on the One Day side. Show the Four Day side how to win! (And yes I know that's unfair seeing as the County have given up on the Championship side)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Totally underwhelmed by a Sussex Match, never thought I would type that, was a Member for many years, well done ECB...

Come on, get in the spirit! I've been as critical as anybody of the ECB in general and Sussex in particular, but I'm still excited. For today I'm going to put aside any thought or fear that this will be our last-ever Finals day as the one-day team follows the four-day team down the plughole and the Hundred rules everything.

GOSBTS!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Interesting (albeit unconfirmed ) post on another Sussex cricket forum re Aaron Thomason….

“He’s gone. There were disciplinary issues.
A promising all rounder who appeared to have knuckled down at Hove after a problem with alcohol and everything that goes along with that. Sussex offered him an extension of a year but he wanted 2 which they were unwilling to invest. Apparently he packed his stuff up and left. “

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Go on Somerset. Two quick wickets, including Vince.

Hampshire 8/2 in third over.

Still haven't forgiven them for ruining my day out at the Friends Provident Trophy Final at Lords in 2009

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hampshire struggling here. 84-5 after 14 overs, run rate of just 6 - more like a 50 over game than a T20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here