Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Driving from London tomorrow

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Any helpful NSC tips on best route to drive from London to lewes tmrw to avoid the bike ride? Will the m23 be open? Any roads around lewes and the amex rogered? How much extra time should we allow? We will park up in lewes and train it to falmer. If we can get there.

And just to anticipate the obvious, no, we don't fancy cycling.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Should be no trouble. The route goes through Ardingly, Haywards Heath, Ditchling so doesn't affect the A23 or the A27 at all.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Coldean Lane is closed though I think.

Bit of a pain as that is the route to the only official match day car park if approaching from the west.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Any helpful NSC tips on best route to drive from London to lewes tmrw to avoid the bike ride? Will the m23 be open? Any roads around lewes and the amex rogered? How much extra time should we allow? We will park up in lewes and train it to falmer. If we can get there.

And just to anticipate the obvious, no, we don't fancy cycling.

Google the route? Will show the road closures and diversions. Just a thought.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Google the route? Will show the road closures and diversions. Just a thought.[/QUO

I quite like asking people who know stuff on NSC. Sometimes you get local knowledge or a witty response.

If I Googled 'patronising bores' I guess you are probably listed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Many thanks. Might just do that.

Google wouldn't have suggested that....

Cheers

Be careful, it does tend to fill up quite early on though, espercially so on Sunday l think, with all the associated public transport problems and more people than usual taking to their cars instead.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
FFS , check the AA route planner or something......do you need your bum wiping ?
I'm driving up from Dorset and have checked everything before I set off !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
FFS , check the AA route planner or something......do you need your bum wiping ?
I'm driving up from Dorset and have checked everything before I set off !

You're so clever, I bet you haven't seen on the tw@ts forum, that they're shutting all borders between Dorset and Hants, stopping all Albion fans en route to the Amex :lolol:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not driving related but bus related info for people who get a bus back to the city post match.

https://www.buses.co.uk/service-upd...Cc103NOp3iZwjY8WXTMRMzuKdxCl3n2Cm07IJTS4Mo4sA

London to Brighton Bike Ride

Today 09:30 - 19:00

‘’On Sunday 19 September, between 09:30 and 19:00-19:30, there will be no southbound buses operating along Lewes Road in Brighton due to the London to Brighton Bike Ride event. During this time, services will divert as follows.’’

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Thanks for the link SJ, very useful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here