Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] kazakhstan. How far would you travel.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Lets say we qualified for European football but our qualifier into the Europa league was in kazakhstan.

I was lucky enough to go to the 1983 final replay and will probably not see another cup final.

so would you travel to kazakhstan to watch Brighton in European football which may only happen once?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Knowing our luck it would be Connah's Quay Nomads F.C.

Rather recklessly I have vowed to go to our first European away game, no matter where it is.
I could easily walk it back by virtue of the distant memory it'll be if IF it does ever come about, except for one thing:-

I told Jnr he'd be going too.

Now the lad might not be able to remember, keys, facts for an examination or where he left his bank card.

But despite in 20 years time me being bent double, crippled, riddled with Alzhemers Disease he'll bloody well remember 'but you said' and proceed to rinse me for the trip to Uzbekistan.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
10 years ago I would have travelled anywhere to watch the Albion debut in European football, I’d be a lot more picky now :shrug:

Kazakhstan? Nah

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Having NEVER thought I'd even see BHA in the Premier League during mid-week trips away to holes such as Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Port Vale et al over the years, I vowed to myself that if we ever got into Europe proper I would go to the game wherever it was, whatever the cost. And I'd like to think I'd stick to that promise to myself

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
If time and finances permitted then I would like to think I would go anywhere to watch us in Europe.
Away to a Bundesliga team would be first choice though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep. The further and more "exotic" the better. I find difficult places far more interesting than touristy ones and there'd probably be some tickets left after the snafflers had taken their noses out of the trough. Kazakhstan would be a great trip.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Assuming I could actually afford it, I'd love somewhere off the wall that I'd never go to otherwise. Although admittedly by that logic I should hope we get drawn against Crawley in the Cup.

Slightly conflicts with my ideal of travelling there by ferry and train like a cross between an away day and a grand tour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally get into Europe and draw...

...Dieppe FC.

F**kin local derby.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yep. The further and more "exotic" the better. I find difficult places far more interesting than touristy ones and there'd probably be some tickets left after the snafflers had taken their noses out of the trough. Kazakhstan would be a great trip.

Absolutely. A trip to Kazakhstan would be far more alluring than a French or German team. If I had the finances, I'd have a few days there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here