Votes: 34 24.1%
  • No I have never tested positive

Votes: 107 75.9%

• Total voters

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Simple question have you tested positive for Covid or not ?

Reason I ask is I work in an office of 20 and I am one of four that have not had it.

So find it strange I’m in a minority, is this a norm ?

Would be interested to know what proportion of NSC have tested positive and who has not.

Times have changed as I’m beginning to know more people who have had it than haven’t

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The UK has had 7.3m confirmed cases.

I read a report the other day that included an approximation of the multiple needed to get from cases to infections as, given the number of asymptomatic infections, we know the number of identified cases is well below the number of actual infections.

It might have been 2-ish, but I'll admit my memory is failing me here.

But if it is 2-ish, that takes us to c15m infections in the UK to date which is less than 1-in-4 of the population. It feels like far fewer than 1-in-4 of the people I know have knowingly had it

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Still interesting to know how things have changed - at the beginning of the year I knew not many who had Covid - now it’s the majority of people I know have had it.

I have no agenda BTW by asking the question just interested to know how it’s spread this year and if anything those that haven’t got it like me, if we are in a minority, how we haven’t got it.

I’ve been in contact with those that have had it and I was one of 4 that didn’t get it - why ?

It fascinates me

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still interesting to know how things have changed - at the beginning of the year I knew not many who had Covid - now it’s the majority of people I know have had it.

I have no agenda BTW by asking the question just interested to know how it’s spread this year and if anything those that haven’t got it like me, if we are in a minority, how we haven’t got it

Sure - wasn't suggesting an agenda.

The only person I can think of who has had it (at this time on a Friday night when I'm a little bit hard of thinking) is my daughter who doesn't live with me. I can't think of anyone else I know who has.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Sure - wasn't suggesting an agenda.

The only person I can think of who has had it (at this time on a Friday night when I'm a little bit hard of thinking) is my daughter who doesn't live with me. I can't think of anyone else I know who has.

It’s bizarre isn’t it ?

My entire workplace went down with it a month ago.

My son, who doesn’t live with me, has just tested positive.

My girlfriend had it last summer albeit asymptotic, her son had it at xmas

Her sons girlfriend got it from Reading festival last month.

Moving forward more people close to me have had it that haven’t and weirdly all double jabbed

Gladly all have recovered.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, had it last christmas.

Very minor for me, less than an ordinary cold. Seems to be the case with the majority of people who smoke. Covid seems quite friendly on different kinds of addicts in general for some reason.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not that I’m aware of, in fact It’s been two years since I’ve had anything like a cough , cold type symptoms.

I haven’t stopped working and come into vey close contact with the public too [emoji1745]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oldest had it around a month ago, poorly for a week but now fine. Neither wife, myself or youngest tested positive - we three had all been double jabbed, eldest was under a week from her second jab.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
4 people in my household.

I had it last Christmas. My 12 year old daughter caught in a month ago. She passed it to her 9 year old sister.

My wife caught covid whilst looking after the girls. She was double jabbed.

All on the mend now.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Possibly had it twice, the first time being April last year. I lost the sense of smell and taste for around 12 days, before this was considered a symptom. I put it down to sinusitis and the doctor gave me a script for antibiotics which didn’t really do a great deal(understandably). An most recently around 6 weeks ago, and I tested positive via lateral flow and then pcr. We think I got it either at the supermarket, or possibly the Getafe friendly although nobody I was with at the game caught it. I managed to share it with one person at the office even though I was testing negative daily before the positive, but neither my son or wife caught it from me. I had a light cold and a headache for 3 days, and that was my lot

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Voted yes although I never tested positive as it was in the first 2020 wave when you only got tested in hospital. I had night sweats, no smell, changed sense of taste, a very serious cough that lasted three months and very little energy. I'd say that was not only Covid but Long Covid. Now more or less fully recovered although my lungs aren't the same as they were when I'm exercising. Have since done regular LFTs as we have two school age kids and always come up negative. I suspect and hope that the 2020 illness plus the double vaccine I've had has made me super immune. Since the second jab became effective I've worked regularly in London, commuting by train and tube, done three Amex games, multiple pub trips and a holiday to a place where everyone mixed all the time. Not so much as a cold.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
One of the delights of living in Sullington is that the vast majority of people are retired and sensible so they properly did the self isolation bit, hence no, none of our neighbours got it.

Mrs Jakartas Godson is a London Doctor and his Wife an anaetheist, they both got it from work but being healthy and in their 30's and knowing what to do both isolated and recovered with no problems.

Funnily enough the other Couple who have had it are coming over from the New Forest to stay overnight (Andy is a STH and has got me a ticket for the Leicester game). He is also a Tui Boeing 737 driver and his Wife and he have a 2nd Home in Norway where she hails from. They both got it coming through Gatwick earlier this year. Both very fit for their age (late 50's) and again recovered OK.

I don't reckon I have had it given the number of tests I have had to have to work on Clients sites but who knows? Currently got a bugger of a cold but that is on a separate thread!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Twice.
Virtually all my previous work colleagues have had it and a few in my current job too. The majority of people I know have had it.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I got it from work (public sector) and ended up in intensive care and am still recovering 7 months later. Of the 6 members of ambulance crew I met 5 had had it. It all depends on exposure and the public sector were left pretty exposed. You can thank me for my pay freeze paying for your furlough later ;).

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I caught it off my misses recently who caught it at a festival. It was basically 3 days of feeling like I had man flu and woke up on the 4th day feeling fine, strange virus! I had had my second jab only a few weeks before so that might have helped..
A few months before it kicked off over here I had some serious man flu going on, I always wonder if I could've been one of the first infected..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No but both kids have and each time when out in pubs both had had one jab.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
the randomness of Cov is strange - none of my extended family have had it - no close friends - all I can think off are a couple of friends children and a mate who flew over from Spain - keeping fingers firmly crossed this continues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here