Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macron's not a happy lapin

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
France has said it is recalling its ambassadors in the US and Australia for consultations, in protest at a security deal which also includes the UK.

The French foreign minister said the "exceptional decision" was justified by the "exceptional gravity" of situation.

The alliance, known as Aukus, will see Australia being given the technology to build nuclear-powered submarines.

The move angered France as it scuppered a multibillion-dollar deal it had signed with Australia.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Good for him, the all powerful EU navy coming to a port near you soon ..[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

They ****ed up their relationship with the UK on shared technology(Thales a French company were involved in the design)on their next generation AC Carriers too, they’ll be lucky to have a hull replacement for the CDG by 2038, the Calamity Jane of forward planning [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
France has said it is recalling its ambassadors in the US and Australia for consultations, in protest at a security deal which also includes the UK.

The French foreign minister said the "exceptional decision" was justified by the "exceptional gravity" of situation.

The alliance, known as Aukus, will see Australia being given the technology to build nuclear-powered submarines.

The move angered France as it scuppered a multibillion-dollar deal it had signed with Australia.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. What a shame ...........................

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Too bad. Each day when I hear about the poverty in the world, the undefinanced health care, the lack of affordable housing, young peoples poor mental health, the environmental destruction, the people fleeing from way, I think to myself: we need some more nuclear-powered submarines.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Too bad. Each day when I hear about the poverty in the world, the undefinanced health care, the lack of affordable housing, young peoples poor mental health, the environmental destruction, the people fleeing from way, I think to myself: we need some more nuclear-powered submarines.
Indeed, some cynics may accuse old Macron of using this as an early re-election posturing against the global big boys.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

You're not getting any, so less of the 'we'!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Am I supposed to be waving the flag now the UK has decided to enter into in a military alliance without local allies to prove what BIG players we are on the world stage ?

I shall go down the beach and yell victorious obscenities and fart in the general direction of froggy land. We've joined the cool gang. Like one of those friendless fat boys that tags along.

Still, whatever gives you a hard on.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

what you and many fail to understand is the money flows to jobs, in manufacturing, R&D, supply chains, gives young people prospects. thats why France is pee'd, thousands of jobs will be moving from France to US/UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here