Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Free Parking At Brighton And Lewes Stations For Albion Fans On Sunday'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apologies if fixtures but just seen this in the Argus, maybe useful info for some

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19587333.free-parking-brighton-lewes-stations-albion-fans-game-day/

'ALBION supporters can park for free at two major train stations this weekend.

Football fans travelling to The Amex to watch Albion take on Leicester can park for free at both Brighton and Lewes stations on the production of their digital match tickets.

Car parks will be open from 11.30am to 6pm and spaces will be limited'

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Apologies if fixtures but just seen this in the Argus, maybe useful info for some

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19587333.free-parking-brighton-lewes-stations-albion-fans-game-day/

'ALBION supporters can park for free at two major train stations this weekend.

Football fans travelling to The Amex to watch Albion take on Leicester can park for free at both Brighton and Lewes stations on the production of their digital match tickets.

Car parks will be open from 11.30am to 6pm and spaces will be limited'

Yep, with parking at the stadium so limited now, and effectively being one Park & Ride down now that Mithras House has closed, it should prove very useful indeed.

Presumably just a one off unfortunately.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Lewes gets full early without being free on a normal matchday.....good luck getting a space

Quite why they are advertising it being free as a benefit is a bit farcical. It's cheaper on a Sunday anyhow but will be guaranteed carnage now as cars always get stuck trying to exit when it's full pregame.

For anyone needing a close cheap alternative, the council building car park is sizeable and a short walk to the station.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite why they are advertising it being free as a benefit is a bit farcical. It's cheaper on a Sunday anyhow but will be guaranteed carnage now as cars always get stuck trying to exit when it's full pregame.

For anyone needing a close cheap alternative, the council building car park is sizeable and a short walk to the station.

Yep……Couple in North Street that are easier to get out of as well.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
I normally park at Lewes but am coming direct from Birmingham after overnight at the T20 finals day, so Brighton is closer. Never parked at the station how quickly does that fill up, is there other car parks nearby or would P&R be a better bet if I'm not likley to get there until 12? Thanks for any advice!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Probably driving to Lewes on Sunday and taking the train to Falmer…providing there isn’t another demo that disrupts traffic :moo:

Just driven westwards and eastbound is back to past the stadium (from Kingston roundabout) due to some demo or other ..this M25 stuff is spreading

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Am I right in thinking that there are no southbound buses along Lewes Road on Sunday due to the London to Brighton bike ride?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Another question on this.

How quickly does the racecourse P&R fill up? Suspecting Lewes will be carnage with all the restrictions about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't tend to completely fill up. Also I think the on street parking nearby is not restricted at all on a Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here