Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton sacked by Forrest

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
:lolol:

Not interested in reading the post to which you reply but it amused to see you find nothing of any value in it.

Sadly I think he may struggle, now, to find a good fit. He's my age, and the prospect of reinventing one's self is a stretch. His rather melancholic demeanour doesn't help, either. :(

Good grief, you're old. I'm surprised you know how to log on here and you know: 'work a computer.'

Shouldn't you be listening to some obscure Bulgarian industrial grindcore or something?

;)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was magic for us. Three and a half great seasons, and did what he needed to do in the two other halves too, however depressing the football was. Potter is hard on his heels now though in terms of his impact on the club.

Agree entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not really a surprise is it, his band of one dimensional football is out dated.

Perhaps the Republic Ireland job would suit him better

Thinking that myself. I think he'd do well at the helm of a minor nation

el punal

Although, I am sad to hear about this as I genuinely never held a grudge about him and respect him as a man.
I could never get my head around his rigidity and predictability, Murray gave him his short term success and he never appeared to understand, that teams need to be more flexible.

That's exactly why Potter excites me like a mature lady at a chippendales gig.

Good luck for the future Chris.

This begs the question : How does a mature lady at a Chippendales gig excite you? Also, are we into fluffer territory here? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 2719

:lolol:

Not interested in reading the post to which you reply but it amused to see you find nothing of any value in it.

Sadly I think he may struggle, now, to find a good fit. He's my age, and the prospect of reinventing one's self is a stretch. His rather melancholic demeanour doesn't help, either. :(

I can totally see how you feel reinvention of oneself is tough, but YOU really need to implement it.

As for Chris, international football or nothing, unless he can adapt his rigidity IMO.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can totally see how you feel reinvention of oneself is tough, but YOU really need to implement it.

As for Chris, international football or nothing, unless he can adapt his rigidity IMO.

Nothing rigid about his tactics in the Championship with us though, both the promotion season, and the one that prededed it showed us playing some amazing flowing attacking football.

Yes once the promised land of the Premier League was reached, things were tightened up, we became a lot more defensive, but perhaps, as he saw it anyway, it was necessary to do that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hardly a surprise, they barely won a game whilst he was in charge.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
This is disappointing for Hughton - but not a surprise - the owners left him with a squad largely devoid of any talent. No matter who takes over will struggle to keep them in the Championship.

Most managerial careers ultimately end in failure - I hope Hughton gets another crack at things - hopefully with Ireland. The Irish team are playing Azerbaijan in October and I expect them to lose - Kenny should be sacked after that. They will likely keep him on but in November Ireland are playing Portugal away and then Luxembourg and I can't see them winning either. It would be shocking if Kenny was still manager by Christmas.

I could see Hughton doing some good things with this young Irish squad - the players suit the type of game he likes to play (i.e. the type of game Brighton played in the Championship).

D

Deleted member 2719

Says the most idiotic, clueless, man-child on North Stand Chat.
You have lost the plot you knob.

Everything that comes out of your mouth is vile and abusive, why the hell you have never been banned is anyone guess.

Nothing rigid about his tactics in the Championship with us though, both the promotion season, and the one that prededed it showed us playing some amazing flowing attacking football.

Yes once the promised land of the Premier League was reached, things were tightened up, we became a lot more defensive, but perhaps, as he saw it anyway, it was necessary to do that.

It appears the Nottingham press felt the same way to.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2...-chris-hughton-mistake-during-forest-win/amp/

Hughton constantly played a rigid 4-2-3-1. He often utilised the same back four, preferring Figueiredo at times last season in spite of some sporadic form.

His lack of a Plan B proved inexplicable and his strategy this season left supporters baffled at times. Ultimately, the axe falling came at the right time.

I still wish him luck and hope he does manage Ireland one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here