Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Motorbiking to the Amex on matchday...

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
In previous seasons I've often used the bike (provided the weathers dry) to get in and out if the Amex. In East Stand Upper there are a couple of cupboards where the stewards would always store our crash helmets while the match was on.

Anyone know if this is still possible post-Covid? I've not got a top box to lock helmets away securely and I dont really want to chance trying to lock up a couple of helmets on the ground next to the bike while we're in the stadium?

What's everyones experiences so far this season with biking into the ground?

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Pretty sure you'll be ok. I've always found the stewards to be very helpful, especially the West Upper entrance nearest the Park and ride. But I've just changed my bike (to a VFR) and now have a top box so haven't asked them to store my crash hat the season.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We've always locked the helmets to the bike, and its been fine for years. I wrap them in a bin bag, just in case the weather turns. We used the cupboards a couple of times, until a key got mislaid at a game and we had to wait a while until a spare was located

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
In previous seasons I've often used the bike (provided the weathers dry) to get in and out if the Amex. In East Stand Upper there are a couple of cupboards where the stewards would always store our crash helmets while the match was on.

Anyone know if this is still possible post-Covid? I've not got a top box to lock helmets away securely and I dont really want to chance trying to lock up a couple of helmets on the ground next to the bike while we're in the stadium?

What's everyones experiences so far this season with biking into the ground?

Whats the issue with locking the helmet to the bike? many a time i just leave it over one of the mirrors?
Do you think someone would steal it??

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Whats the issue with locking the helmet to the bike? many a time i just leave it over one of the mirrors?

Over the years riding I've known of a few instances where mates have had helmets damaged or stolen while left with their parked bikes. Personally I've always preferred to take it/them with me to guard against this.
Granted the vast majority of coach park users are home fans and and therefore risks of property damage are probably low but there is still a risk of a disgruntled idiot tampering with bikes/property - by taking the helmets in with us it lessens the risks for me personally.

If I had a top box or means of integral helmet storage as many do that would be fine but I've got a sports bike which means they would be left on display.

Train and road connections for me this weekend look bad due to engineering works so I will probably risk it anyway for the sake of time/convenience.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Are bears Catholic?

Does the Pope poo in the woods?

Do little scrotes do shit just to be annoying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here