Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Blackburn Rovers

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I see Khadra was put on in place of Buckley last night. They must be a good outside bet for promotion this season. Always liked Buckley and Khadra is going to be excellent (hopefully for us next season but don't know what position? :) ) .

TNBA

TTF

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I see Khadra was put on in place of Buckley last night. They must be a good outside bet for promotion this season. Always liked Buckley and Khadra is going to be excellent (hopefully for us next season but don't know what position? :) ) .

TNBA

TTF

Apologies if I’m being a fool, but Blackburn’s Buckley isn’t the former Brighton player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will Buckley retired a season or 2 back - now a football agent

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Interesting comments re Khadra from Mowbray last night, basically he's not fit (not injury related), miles behind his squad in terms of cardio apparently... tbf he's always looked a little on the heavy side, but TM was saying he's not going to be a starter unless he sorts his base level fitness out... In this case, this sounds like a loan designed with one purpose: get fit for the PL and a season with sgt slaughter might be best for all parties.

Here's hoping he can get lean and mean, but maintain his undoubted 'balling ability.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Interesting comments re Khadra from Mowbray last night, basically he's not fit (not injury related), miles behind his squad in terms of cardio apparently... tbf he's always looked a little on the heavy side, but TM was saying he's not going to be a starter unless he sorts his base level fitness out... In this case, this sounds like a loan designed with one purpose: get fit for the PL and a season with sgt slaughter might be best for all parties.

Here's hoping he can get lean and mean, but maintain his undoubted 'balling ability.

Slightly worrying to me if the cardio isn't there. It's middle of September. If it's not there soon, the bloke has questions to answer

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Slightly worrying to me if the cardio isn't there. It's middle of September. If it's not there soon, the bloke has questions to answer

Quite right, the comments btw were up on the Argus website this morning... perhaps it's fair to say that GP and co have their doubts about his physical ability to handle the rigours of the PL? and not just due to impact injury, but with regard general fitness levels. However in his defence, he's had a multitude of setbacks (due to impact stuff) and that has most likely caused a general loss of 90 min readiness. You could argue though, that surely as a PL under 23 he should be 'fit' irrespective of his other setbacks.

It'll be interesting to watch his progress, especially as he's now at a crossroads of sorts ... get fit and light up the Championship (to be fair he did just this last night) and he's very likely to come back and be a part of our squad for the 2022/23 season... Over to him and fortune I guess.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Pretty sure it's been covered already as to why he is not "match" fit yet, that is due to only playing a full 90 min like 3 times last season. Rest of time he was injured and then when he got back to pre-season training with us he lasted a couple of weeks before picking up an ankle injury which he is just coming back from.

If he is still a super sub come Nov/Dec then we can start to question his timber/fitness.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Pretty sure it's been covered already as to why he is not "match" fit yet, that is due to only playing a full 90 min like 3 times last season. Rest of time he was injured and then when he got back to pre-season training with us he lasted a couple of weeks before picking up an ankle injury which he is just coming back from.

If he is still a super sub come Nov/Dec then we can start to question his timber/fitness.

Ermmm question whose fitness? Will Buckley retired at the end of last season.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Fair enough, but the way TM phrased it to me at least, it reads more like his natural levels aren't what they should be for a professional PL level athlete... in spite of his 'setbacks.'

Like I say, let's see how he goes because I'm hoping he turns out to be utterly brilliant - I think he's got the talent.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mowbray's words seem incredibly harsh, bearing in mind the injuries Khadra has had, and that he's played very few 90 minute matches this year because of them. Not really the sort of thing you expect a manager to come out with so strongly in public either. Seems at bit strange, especially as the other substitute who came on with Khadra and turned the game round, Butterworth (who's been at Blackburn through the youth ranks, so presumably up to speed with Mowbray's fitness regime), was the one reported by Blackburn fans to be blowing out of his arse after 15 minutes!

Wander what sort of blistering 'welcome' young van Hecke will get from the manager if and when he finally pulls on a Blackburn shirt? Still, at least young Khadra appears to have the fans' support!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here