Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans in Home seats

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you think this is a fair enough thing to do?

I - like many of you no doubt - get tapped up every so often, by fans of the "big" club usually, for any spares.

I've never said yes, but given my experiences in the North, WSL and WSU, others clearly have and do.

Fair enough, no big deal, get over it, we've all done it?

Or is it a DISC RACE and an OUTRAGE?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Do you think this is a fair enough thing to do?

I - like many of you no doubt - get tapped up every so often, by fans of the "big" club usually, for any spares.

I've never said yes, but given my experiences in the North, WSL and WSU, others clearly have and do.

Fair enough, no big deal, get over it, we've all done it?

Or is it a DISC RACE and an OUTRAGE?

I am hopeful that one of the benefits of the new arrangements with season tickets is that this is much less likely to happen from existing holders . Not sure about the tickets the club sell though , guess it depends on any checks they do when selling .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Haven't you ever done it the other way around?

Actress - bishop.
I have - been to West Ham twice to watch us get our customary points there. Let's fact it though, we're not a big draw for West Ham fans and there really were plenty of seats available.

I'd say there was a code of conduct among football fans though. Spare ticket? Try and sell to other home fans rather than away fans. If you do end up selling to away fans, they are welcome/tolerated as long as they're not utter gobshites or complete bell-ends.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I've only ever been in with the home fans for Albion games where the away end has sold out too quickly. Brentford (under Hyppia), Spurs (FA Cup 2005) and Peterborough years ago.

Had a couple of games since the Amex opened where I've brought close friends with me (Charlton, Villa, Arsenal, Coventry) and it has been fine. It's all about behaviour though really. Keep yourself to yourself, watch the game, don't be too despondent when Robbie Keane destroys all of your dreams. Only a problem if you're a dick.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I have two sons young(ish) who support Watford and Brighton respectively. For ticket purchasing purposes I am a 'member' of both.

We have all been away fans in the home end several times. We stay quiet and don't wear colours.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't like the idea of having away fans in the North stand (particularly)
Specifically idiots who don't know how to behave

I remember seeing someone wearing a Liverpool branded hoodie in the North Stand during a match against them..
It's just wrong, isn't it?
Show a little respect.

I went with a mate to West Ham in our first Premier league season, using his dad's season ticket.
I behaved myself and tried to be as inconspicuous as possible with a 3-1 away win.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My mate comes when one of my family can't, he has joined as a member, but is an Arsenal fan. He enjoys watching us more currently.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've done it on quite a few occasions: Southampton, West Ham, Chelsea, Charlton, Spurs and Palace immediately spring to mind. I obey the unwritten 'code of conduct', i.e. I don't behave like a complete knob. I'm respectful, I don't wear colours, and I don't cheer, especially when we score. (Ok I did at Spurs). I've never encountered any hostility from the locals.

So no, I wouldn't mind sitting next to an opposing fan who followed the same code.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've only ever been in with the home fans for Albion games where the away end has sold out too quickly. Brentford (under Hyppia), Spurs (FA Cup 2005) and Peterborough years ago.

Funnily enough that Spurs game was my only game in a home-end, and it wasn't intentional.

We rocked up at White Hart Lane - me, my then wife and my young baby daughter with the two away tickets we'd been told we needed, only to be told that we needed three tickets. In hindsight this made sense. Someone from our club saw what was happening and managed to snaffle a home end ticket for me, so the other two were with the Albion fans whilst I was incognito with the Spurs fans, two or three rows back in the opposite corner to the away contingent.

It meant I couldn't celebrate Carpenter's great free-kick which brought us level, and I was right where Robbie Keane did his trademark celebration after smashing in the winner. If there was any doubt I was an Albion fan, it became clear at that moment, but those around me were fine with it, and I don't think it was just because they won!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We need someone to fill out the ESL for the TV cameras on Sunday. Make the ESL the away end and give away fans the South as well? :eek: :amex:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's a football thing, there are not many other sports where you have such division and fans sit or stand together.
Rugby, Cricket etc but in football you take your life into your own hands.
I have done it on quite a few occasions, at Aldershot in a FA Cup match I had a bloke who was at least 50 trying to strangle me, and the players were only running out onto the pitch.
Away end was chokka.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There were a large number of Millwall fans in the North for the play off semi, as I recall.

Thats going back a bit. Will always remember the 2nd leg of that tie, when some Millwall fans set fire to their own terracing at the old Den, an incredible atmosphere. Even some fof the Millwall supporting grannies were hooligans.

My mate Hugo, spent much of the 2nd half in the gents, he just couldn't take the pressure. Never have l been so grateful to get away from a football ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here