Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Leicester?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The Duffy thread got me thinking about this and the concerns about his pace or lack of.

It's an interesting one as although we've been better with a back 4 at times this season, this is a game I definitely feel we need to play with a back 3 to counter Leicester's pace. Playing a back 3 means we can have one or two of the CB's at different levels, starting a bit deeper to ensure we don't get caught on the break, with a flat back 4 that would be harder.

We have to assume Webster is out, I would then move Veltman into the back 3 and play March at RWB. I actually think that could work quite well though as he would be up against Harvey Barnes who is really dangerous but I have total faith Solly can match him for pace and look after him. Barnes is also right footed and cuts in on his right foot a lot so having a left footed player there will also benefit us.

---------------------Sanchez
-----------Veltman - Duffy - Dunk;
March - Bissouma - Lallana - Cucurella;
---------------------Trossard;
--------------Maupay - Welbeck.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Duffy thread got me thinking about this and the concerns about his pace or lack of.

It's an interesting one as although we've been better with a back 4 at times this season, this is a game I definitely feel we need to play with a back 3 to counter Leicester's pace. Playing a back 3 means we can have one or two of the CB's at different levels, starting a bit deeper to ensure we don't get caught on the break, with a flat back 4 that would be harder.

We have to assume Webster is out, I would then move Veltman into the back 3 and play March at RWB. I actually think that could work quite well though as he would be up against Harvey Barnes who is really dangerous but I have total faith Solly can match him for pace and look after him. Barnes is also right footed and cuts in on his right foot a lot so having a left footed player there will also benefit us.

Think I'd pretty much go along with this. Mac Allister also is in with a shout of starting, based on recent performances.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Gross for March for me, otherwise I'd go with that with Mac Allister to come on as well as Moder for Lallana.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That is a likely line up. Solly on the right is our best option IMO

Personally i'd push Lallana further forward and bring Moder in.

March - Bissouma - Moder - Cucurella;
---------------Lallana Trossard;
---------------------Maupay

MacAllister and Welbeck unlucky not to start, but both likely to get a decent chunk of the second half.

I'm guessing Mwepu and Gross are also available? Probably too early for Burn?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

I like your thinking but as proved before against Leicester 3 at the back can often leave us vulnerable to pacey teams because there's more lines to play through. Unless we go ultra defensive and try and hit them on the break, I can't see how a back 5 will give us a significant advantage here. Solly against Barnes I agree with. Be a shame if Lamptey doesn't make the bench because he would potentially offer a lot in this game. I'd snap your hand off for a draw now tbh Leicester are fantastic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
One striker Sunday probably Maupay will get the nod and get Moder on the pitch from the start.

Should have finished Leicester off in the first half at the Amex last season, we paid a huge price for not being clinical.

Potter player Lallana as a number 10 behind Maupay in a 4-4-1-1 and it worked for most of the match but we were on the back foot in the second half a lot.

I’m going for a similar approach this Sunday (noting Groß will play if match fit). Plenty of precision on the right and pace on the left.

———————-Sanchez———————-
Veltman—-Duffy——Dunk—-Cucurella
Moder—-Bissouma—Lallana—-March
———————-Trossard———————-
———————-Maupay———————-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here