Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Squad numbers for the men’s team for the 2021/22 season

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion can now confirm their squad numbers for the men’s team for the 2021/22 season.

New signing Marc Cucurella takes the number three shirt vacated by Ben White, while Enock Mwepu takes number 12 and Kjell Scherpen number 16.

Returning from seasons out on loan, Jurgen Locadia will wear 27, with Tudor Baluta taking 35 and Haydon Roberts 28.

Confirmed squad numbers for 2021/22:

1 Robert Sanchez

2 Tariq Lamptey

3 Marc Cucurella

4 Adam Webster

5 Lewis Dunk

7 Aaron Connolly

8 Yves Bissouma

9 Neal Maupay

10 Alexis Mac Allister

11 Leandro Trossard

12 Enock Mwepu

13 Pascal Gross

14 Adam Lallana

15 Jakub Moder

16 Kjell Scherpen

17 Steven Alzate

18 Danny Welbeck

20 Solly March

23 Jason Steele

24 Shane Duffy

27 Jurgen Locadia

28 Haydon Roberts

30 Taylor Richards

33 Dan Burn

34 Joel Veltman

35 Tudor Baluta

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We couldn't offload Baluta then

Nice to see quite a few players with numbers that reflect their actual positions Cucc 3 for example

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now pretend this is Jackie magazine (not too much of a reach) and much like YOU would have done with Duran Duran or Spandau, list all of them by how much you :love: them. :lolol:

Absolutely NO short cuts, no cop outs, no joint places.

1 - Duffy.
2 - Gross.
3 - Biss
4 - Dunk.
5 - Lamptey.
6 - Sanchez
7 - Trossard
8 - Maupay.
9 - Webster.
10 - Jocko.
11 - Moder
12 - Veltman
13 - Connolly
14 - Curcurella.
15 - March.
16 - Alzate
17 - BDB.
18 - The one I've missed.
19 - Lallana.
20 - Mwepu
- 1 - The one I've doubled up on.

Richards
Locadia
Roberts.
Steele
Baluta
Scherpen

Top tip sports fans - write the list then appropriate the numbers.

You wouldn't want to get to 13 before realising you've forgotten Biss. :facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now pretend this is Jackie magazine (not too much of a reach) and much like YOU would have done with Duran Duran or Spandau, list all of them by how much you :love: them. :lolol:

Absolutely NO short cuts, no cop outs, no joint places.

1 - Duffy.
2 - Gross.
3 - Biss
4 - Dunk.
5 - Lamptey.
6 - Sanchez
7 - Trossard
8 - Maupay.
9 - Webster.
10 - Jocko.
11 - Moder
12 - Veltman
13 - Connolly
14 - Curcurella.
15 - March.
16 - Alzate
17 - BDB.
18 - The one I've missed.
19 - Lallana.
20 - Mwepu
- 1 - The one I've doubled up on.

Richards
Locadia
Roberts.
Steele
Baluta
Scherpen

Top tip sports fans - write the list then appropriate the numbers.

You wouldn't want to get to 13 before realising you've forgotten Biss. :facepalm:

Er, you're alright thanks.

A far more interesting one for me is the assertion that Cucurella has the "correct" number (as do Lamptey, Dunk, Maupay and, arguably, Tross) but what even are the "right numbers". In a 4-4-2 I was thinking it should be

2 5 6 3
7 4 8 11
10 9

But could a centre back be wearing 4, making 6 the more defensive CM? Didn't Ward play in 8, making the strikers 8 ad 9 and pushing 10 into midfield. Is there a definitive answer? And, should we care any more, given that for Veltman the obviously correct number is 34 because of what happened at Ajax (just as Root should always wear 66 in cricket)?

No 25 this season. For me that shirt is iconic because of Bobby and Lua Lua. Glad the DJ didn't take it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Er, you're alright thanks.

A far more interesting one for me is the assertion that Cucurella has the "correct" number (as do Lamptey, Dunk, Maupay and, arguably, Tross) but what even are the "right numbers". In a 4-4-2 I was thinking it should be

2 5 6 3
7 4 8 11
10 9

But could a centre back be wearing 4, making 6 the more defensive CM? Didn't Ward play in 8, making the strikers 8 ad 9 and pushing 10 into midfield. Is there a definitive answer? And, should we care any more, given that for Veltman the obviously correct number is 34 because of what happened at Ajax (just as Root should always wear 66 in cricket)?

No 25 this season. For me that shirt is iconic because of Bobby and Lua Lua. Glad the DJ didn't take it.

I also wouldn't want to choose between the players any more than I would want to choose between my children or favourite Carry on actors

You could have changed 6 and 4. You could even push the 9 slightly ahead of the 10 to make it look more like 4-4-1-1. But I think it depends on when you were first into football. Curbishley wore 4 for us when I stated going so i'm anchored to that being a defensive position. Others will have very different views

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Brighton & Hove Albion can now confirm their squad numbers for the men’s team for the 2021/22 season.

New signing Marc Cucurella takes the number three shirt vacated by Ben White, while Enock Mwepu takes number 12 and Kjell Scherpen number 16.

Returning from seasons out on loan, Jurgen Locadia will wear 27, with Tudor Baluta taking 35 and Haydon Roberts 28.

Confirmed squad numbers for 2021/22:

1 Robert Sanchez

2 Tariq Lamptey

3 Marc Cucurella

4 Adam Webster

5 Lewis Dunk

7 Aaron Connolly

8 Yves Bissouma

9 Neal Maupay

10 Alexis Mac Allister

11 Leandro Trossard

12 Enock Mwepu

13 Pascal Gross

14 Adam Lallana

15 Jakub Moder

16 Kjell Scherpen

17 Steven Alzate

18 Danny Welbeck

20 Solly March

23 Jason Steele

24 Shane Duffy

27 Jurgen Locadia

28 Haydon Roberts

30 Taylor Richards

33 Dan Burn

34 Joel Veltman

35 Tudor Baluta

Stark omission of the number 6 shirt. Is Dale Stephens about to be released by Burnley, and re signing for us on a free? :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprised Duffy/Burn didn't make a claim for 6.

Connolly still feels a bit of an imposter in number 7 (sorry).

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This announcement is very late in the day. The season has already long since started and the players have worn those numbers. What was the delay?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I guess that rules out the option of the no 6 being retired in order to honor Dale Stephens contributions to the club.

Immense for us in the Championship ... but ok yeh, not retire the shirt territory.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
E_UJ86_WUAE2zbR.jpeg

Someone looks pleased

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Surprised Duffy/Burn didn't make a claim for 6.

Connolly still feels a bit of an imposter in number 7 (sorry).

I'm glad Burn didn't. My eldest son's White - 3 shirt is already redundant, my youngest son has a Burn - 33 shirt!

And yes Burn is a strange choice for a child's favourite player but my youngest is quite short for his age and has definite height aspiration issues!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Blimey! - someone must have found Tudor Baluta!

He's injured - reports cited this as the reason he wasn't sold or loaned this window but nobody was clear as to how serious his injury was and he's in Brighton if this picture from his Instagram 2 days ago is anything to go by. He's also not training or rather hasn't appeared in any galleries or footage yet.
via https://www.instagram.com/p/CTuq1qboMFN/
brightonmarinabaluta.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here