Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] **Strictly Come Dancing 2021 Official Thread**

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/strictly-2021

I know from previous conversations on NSC there is a sizeable contingent of Strictly fans. Well we're into Autumn and the lead up to Christmas again so it must be strictly time!!

All starts on Saturday with 15 celebrities pitted with their dancing partners hell bent on lifting the glitterball trophy.

Great to see the first all male couple on the show, sure to wind a few gammons up, and also the first deaf contestant. Mrs Crodo and I got our good friends Polly and Giles over this weekend to enjoy a few nibbles and the launch show.

Fab-u-lous!!

:clap:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mrs LLF absolutely loves it.
Me, not so keen.

But, it does mean I will get to watch the Snowfall box set on IPlayer with headphones on a tablet.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Probably just me but there has always been something special about the Saturday evening slot in the Autumn and winter on the BBC, football results, Tom &Jerry, Pink Panther and then a show.
Strictly is great for that slot, and of course the added bonus is Oti, it's worth watching for her alone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only reality show I’ll watch. My wife dominates the main tv when Strictly is on but I have great admiration for the improvement is a few of the dancers and love the way that the two left footed clumsy oaf, who should be out in round one, always gets the public vote in the early rounds. I am awestruck by the improvement in some by the time they get to Blackpool. I don’t watch avidly but I am quite happy to half watch. Every other reality programme gets turned off instantly.

What depresses me is that winter has arrived when the programme starts :down:

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I run a sweepstake at work on the winner.......it's a right giggle and I send updates
on a Monday morning after the results show. It's a bit like Giraffe's tracker, except
I get the info. out on time and am never dilly dallying. <snigger, guffaw and titter>

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haven’t watched this for the last four or five years, but our household will be taking an interest, as we know one of the new pro dancers, who went to primary school with my lads (Kai Widdrington).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Love Strictly.

Partly because I love the escapism and the sparkle of it.
Partly because it’s the only way I can watch beautiful, scantily-clad Eastern European women gyrating around on a Saturday night without entering my credit card details.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Mr Frutos and I will be tuning in, as we do every year.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
It’s the one and only programme I use the VPN for. Absolutely love it.
I even got up stupidly early to watch the final live last year:)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A fantastic first week for our strictly stars. Nobody let themselves down and some incredible week one performances. Sad to report Tom Fletcher and Amy Dowden have both tested positive for Covid putting their further participation in grave danger.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here