Solly - 6

Surprised .Canos stayed on for the elbow. Ref - 6

Fans - 9

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Player ratings Brentford vs Brighton

Rob Sanchez 7 - not too much to do despite their chances in first half but looked very steady as usual

Adam Webster 6 - struggled a bit and then off with injury
Shane Duffy 8 - had to kill some of their boys a couple of times but overall did very well again and won plenty of headers
Lewis Dunk 7 - the usual Dunk performance

Joel Veltman 6 - maybe should be a 7 but looked a bit rusty with several late challenges
Yves Bissouma 9 - :shrug:
Adam Lallana 4 - not sure what the hell that was but dont do it again. Gave away the ball over and over in dangerous positions.
Marc Cucurella 6 - you can see that there is a very good player in there, but you can also see that he will need a bit of time to adapt.

Leandro Trossard 8 - looked lively throughout and scored the winning goal.

Neal Maupay 6 - tidy with the ball but rarely had it as it was often hoofed and Maupay cant do shit vs Jansson and Ajer in the air
Danny Welbeck 6 - won a few headers and made a few nice turns but difficult game and wasnt involved a lot

Jakub Moder 6 - did ok
Alexis Mac Allister 7 - came in with some fresh energy and creativity
Solly March n/a - played too little, but showed he remains the no 1 LWB right now

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fixtures.........

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rob Sanchez 7 - not too much to do despite their chances in first half but looked very steady as usual

Adam Webster 6 - struggled a bit and then off with injury
Shane Duffy 8 - had to kill some of their boys a couple of times but overall did very well again and won plenty of headers
Lewis Dunk 7 - the usual Dunk performance

Joel Veltman 6 - maybe should be a 7 but looked a bit rusty with several late challenges
Yves Bissouma 9 -
Adam Lallana 4 - not sure what the hell that was but dont do it again. Gave away the ball over and over in dangerous positions.
Marc Cucurella 6 - you can see that there is a very good player in there, but you can also see that he will need a bit of time to adapt.

Leandro Trossard 8 - looked lively throughout and scored the winning goal.

Neal Maupay 6 - tidy with the ball but rarely had it as it was often hoofed and Maupay cant do shit vs Jansson and Ajer in the air
Danny Welbeck 6 - won a few headers and made a few nice turns but difficult game and wasnt involved a lot

Jakub Moder 6 - did ok
Alexis Mac Allister 7 - came in with some fresh energy and creativity
Solly March n/a - played too little, but showed he remains the no 1 LWB right now

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I had Trossard scoring a 5 max before his goal so a quality winner at the death has to take him up to an 8. Llalana was also awful scrapes a 5 the rest all 6s/7s.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I only watched the second half and thought Cucurella was very tidy in that time. He barely put a foot wrong and I don't recall him giving the ball away at all in that time.

He must have been shit in the first half to be getting a 6 overall...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I only watched the second half and thought Cucurella was very tidy in that time. He barely put a foot wrong and I don't recall him giving the ball away at all in that time.

He was pretty shaky in the first half I would have said, undercooked a backwards pass which gave Brentford a very presentable chance and a few other weak challenges, grew into the game in the 2nd half though and will I'm sure benefit from the minutes.

Trossard MOTM for me - even in the first half thought he looked good despite not receiving the ball often, great ball to Welbeck who I thought could have done a bit better with his chance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He did make one bad back pass that got picked up by Brentford and resulted in a good chance that was squandered.

For his first game in what must have been a very sharp learning curve he did very well though, not as ambitious with the ball as I hope he will become but safety first was sensible of him.

I think we have another little shitehouse, who is gonna wind the opposition up, on that performance too :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He missed quite a bit that perhaps didn’t show up on TV?

I noticed quite a bit of shirt pulling by Brentford that didn’t appear to get picked up on. He booked two Brentford players quite quickly as they chased down everything in the first 15 mins, maybe he decided to let things go rather than keep booking Brentford players, sounded like quite a hostile atmosphere early on?

No complaints with the Albion bookings, especially Duffy’s, a very professional and needed foul. Duffy also got an interception to nudge the ball away on what looked like a certain goal if the forward had got to it cleanly. He has been awesome this season so far, so pleased for him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I noticed quite a bit of shirt pulling by Brentford that didn’t appear to get picked up on. He booked two Brentford players quite quickly as they chased down everything in the first 15 mins, maybe he decided to let things go rather than keep booking Brentford players, sounded like quite a hostile atmosphere early on?

No complaints with the Albion bookings, especially Duffy’s, a very professional and needed foul. Duffy also got an interception to nudge the ball away on what looked like a certain goal if the forward had got to it cleanly. He has been awesome this season so far, so pleased for him.

Proper defender. I think GP got it wrong initially with Duffy.

He isn’t a ball playing CB, but if he can stick to short passes he must have a role next to Dunk and Webster.

The shirt pulling on Trossard was so blatant it seemed impossible to miss, but it was. The elbow on Cucurella looked nasty as well

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Proper defender. I think GP got it wrong initially with Duffy.

He isn’t a ball playing CB, but if he can stick to short passes he must have a role next to Dunk and Webster.

The shirt pulling on Trossard was so blatant it seemed impossible to miss, but it was. The elbow on Cucurella looked nasty as well

Yep, GP is definitely more pragmatic than he was when he first arrived, he is learning every season, remember he was a rookie at this level when he arrived. As you say, as long a Duffy keeps it simple and leaves the dribbling and fancy stuff to those that can do it, he is a big plus. Especially against big, good in the air strikers. Always a threat at set pieces, even if his head is a 50p shape with most of them :lolol:

I do worry whenever the ball is passed back to him with an opposition player bearing down on him though.

I think Cucurella made a bit of a meal of the elbow, I didn’t see it as deliberate but Cucu’s reaction is exactly why I think we have another little shitehouse to wind up the opposition.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep, GP is definitely more pragmatic than he was when he first arrived, he is learning every season, remember he was a rookie at this level when he arrived. As you say, as long a Duffy keeps it simple and leaves the dribbling and fancy stuff to those that can do it, he is a big plus. Especially against big, good in the air strikers. Always a threat at set pieces, even if his head is a 50p shape with most of them :lolol:

I do worry whenever the ball is passed back to him with an opposition player bearing down on him though.

I think Cucurella made a bit of a meal of the elbow, I didn’t see it as deliberate but Cucu’s reaction is exactly why I think we have another little shitehouse to wind up the opposition.

Yes feel the same way re Duffy, when he is used as an option to pass the ball to 😃.

GP was a rookie at this level but not at management, but I do agree he is a lot more pragmatic in his approach now.

Their fans on the way back thought Canos had got away with one re the elbow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The ref was a complete and utter homer from start to finish as were the assistants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here