Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
What a great result today. Lots of positives:

- Nicked a game that last season the chances are we would have drawn, and away from home to boot.
- despite the loss of Webster (the big negative) another clean sheet.
- beaten another team that may have expected to have been around us.
- ahead of the tracker with a run of loads of games where we are expected to get very little.
- Welbeck fit enough to start.
- we won this with the bench looking pretty thin, Mwepu, Gross, Burn, Lamptey and Connolly hopefully back soon to strengthen it.
- a nice contribution from Mac Allister, impacting off the bench again.
- Trossard up and running and a full 90 from him.
- this win win let’s us go and enjoy next Sunday without any pressure and Leicester have a European game midweek (albeit them may make changes).

I’m buzzing, when was the last time we won a game in the last minute?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Debut for Cucurella - a great fixture for him to get a flavour of the speed and tenacity of PL football.

Not a bad first game, made a few short passes and took the sideways and backwards option more than I liked but it was a baptism of fire in the PL. He’s going to be excellent once he gets up to speed I think.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A Bees fan bought 6 of us a drink after the game. Table service only. The waiter asked “what can I get you?”; he replied “3 points?”. In unison, we all said “we’ve got those…”.

Made me smile anyway.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bloody brilliant start to the season.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What a great result today. Lots of positives:

- Nicked a game that last season the chances are we would have drawn, and away from home to boot.
- despite the loss of Webster (the big negative) another clean sheet.
- beaten another team that may have expected to have been around us.
- ahead of the tracker with a run of loads of games where we are expected to get very little.
- Welbeck fit enough to start.
- we won this with the bench looking pretty thin, Mwepu, Gross, Burn, Lamptey and Connolly hopefully back soon to strengthen it.
- a nice contribution from Mac Allister, impacting off the bench again.
- Trossard up and running and a full 90 from him.
- this win win let’s us go and enjoy next Sunday without any pressure and Leicester have a European game midweek (albeit them may make changes).

I’m buzzing, when was the last time we won a game in the last minute?!

If your name is Haydon Roberts, Webster injury might be another positive, if he gets his chance and takes it, we might yet agree.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only about 10 posters have criticisms that need airing now...

... Which is nice.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
3 points away from home
Clean sheet (s)
Trossard didn't damage any paintwork
Successfully bedded in a new player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did we actually 'nick it' or did Potter 100% know the PL new boys would die on their arses in the last 15-20 mins and adjust so we'd dominate the game in that period?

I couldn't get a stream to stabilise so listened to the commentary - we seemed to have total control in the last 20. Also, even a load of the Brentford fans seem to acknowledge they ran out of gas and we looked by far the more likely to score.

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
I couldn't get a stream to stabilise so listened to the commentary - we seemed to have total control in the last 20. Also, even a load of the Brentford fans seem to acknowledge they ran out of has and we looked by far the more likely to score.
We did control the play in the last 20 mins, but never really looked like scoring. Brentford packed the box to hang on just like so many did last season. A moment of skill from Trossard made the difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here