Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Fares to Rio De Janeiro for £420 including luggage

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
These are amazing fares being offered by several European airlines. Looking to do a backpacking trip for 6 weeks or so mid Jan to early March, with the option to rebook at no extra cost + any possible fare difference included.

What with the current Covid situation. Brazil on the red list (14 day quarantine on return), high rates out there etc Is it worth taking a punt that things might change, ie Brazil goes to Amber

(Mrs S and I are both 60ish and double jabbed btw). :blush:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
These are amazing fares being offered by several European airlines. Looking to do a backpacking trip for 6 weeks or so mid Jan to early March, with the option to rebook at no extra cost + any possible fare difference included.

What with the current Covid situation. Brazil on the red list (14 day quarantine on return), high rates out there etc Is it worth taking a punt that things might change, ie Brazil goes to Amber

Things might change but is it worth paying more for a prison sentence in a hotel on your return than your holiday, whilst on the ground, might cost?

You have the option to cancel so roll with it and cancel just before departure if Brazil is still on the red list?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I suppose there's always the option of a two week stopover on the return leg in Porto, Lisbon or Zurich etc, not ideal but better than being cooped up in a hotel package that `I can't afford

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

In the last couple of hours I booked my flights for a trip back to the UK next month. When I was looking a month or so back, the price was around $1,300 if I remember correctly. Couldn't believe it when I checked yesterday afternoon and the price was $580 :mad::ohmy:

Can't remember the last time I paid as little as that, I think it must be one of the lowest prices I've ever paid in nearly 20 years of travelling between the two countries.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019

Vaccines are still quite slow here but hopefully will be ok by then. I have just had the one jab so far. Rates are averaging about 18k a week at the moment but I'm expecting a rise in the next couple of weeks due to the Bolsonaro rallies on Tuesday.
Jan to March is also in the middle of the rain season but the flip side is that the temperatures are a little more comfortable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the last couple of hours I booked my flights for a trip back to the UK next month. When I was looking a month or so back, the price was around $1,300 if I remember correctly. Couldn't believe it when I checked yesterday afternoon and the price was $580 :mad::ohmy:

Can't remember the last time I paid as little as that, I think it must be one of the lowest prices I've ever paid in nearly 20 years of travelling between the two countries.

We got incredible Premium Economy fares (I think Bozza told everyone last autumn when they appeared online) London to NYC return with Virgin. Something like £400 per flight. For July 21.

Too good to be true as the months ticked by and we gave in with the who-blinks-first game with 24 hours to go claiming a credit.

Hellbent on not repaying vital cashflow, I wonder if airlines run empty flights to swerve issuing repayments?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I had my trousers stolen from me on Ipanema beach in Rio first day I arrived.

And before anyone asks, I wasn't wearing them at the time. I had just got off a 13 hour bloody flight and
thought it would be a good idea to catch a few rays and a nap. I stuffed the trousers right next to me as a took said
nap and couldn't bloody believe it when I woke up and they had gone!!!!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

And before anyone asks, I wasn't wearing them at the time. I had just got off a 13 hour bloody flight and
thought it would be a good idea to catch a few rays and a nap. I stuffed the trousers right next to me as a took said

FFS

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

..and that concludes the case for the defence, unless anyone else any questions ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Amazing deals given that currently UK citizens are effectively banned from entering Brazil as the UK is on the Brazil Red List. Who knows when we will be removed from this list, given the probable increase in infection when winter arrives.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FFS. I thougt we has just sold our Brazilian star, Fares, back to Rio.

Think, before you start a thread, please. My heart is a bag of thin cheese powered by a 1.5 V battery :facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
FFS. I thougt we has just sold our Brazilian star, Fares, back to Rio.

Think, before you start a thread, please. My heart is a bag of thin cheese powered by a 1.5 V battery :facepalm:

Mm6fqpG.png

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Are you an American citizen or hold a green card?

My boy is over there on a 3 year visa, so can come back here bur would't be allowed back into the states.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We got incredible Premium Economy fares (I think Bozza told everyone last autumn when they appeared online) London to NYC return with Virgin. Something like £400 per flight. For July 21.

Too good to be true as the months ticked by and we gave in with the who-blinks-first game with 24 hours to go claiming a credit.

Hellbent on not repaying vital cashflow, I wonder if airlines run empty flights to swerve issuing repayments?

Similarly we did Premium Economy to Chicago return last Feb at £550 each, would love to get them prices again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I can only speak about Virgin, but passenger flights are being cancelled and replaced with cargo only atm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here