Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/9/21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Ronaldo Show takes place this weekend. In other news, there are nine alternative Premier League fixtures taking place...

Saturday 11th September
Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur (12:30) - BT Sport
Arsenal v Norwich City
Brentford v Brighton & Hove Albion
Leicester City v Manchester City
Manchester United v Newcastle United
Southampton v West Ham United
Watford v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Chelsea v Aston Villa (17:30) - Sky

Sunday 12th September
Leeds United v Liverpool (16:30) - Sky

Monday 13th September
Everton v Burnley (20:00) - Sky

Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 16.36.09.png

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Relegation 6 pointer arse vs inbreds

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
if the twin cities share the honours, that gives us an opportunity to go two points clear of the pair of them; this makes brentford a must win game!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was about to bemoan a second week of shite games on TV.
Then it occurred to me, maybe its not them, perhaps it's me!!

That said Everton v Burnley Monday night is a big ask even for fans of Everton.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brentford v Albion is a funny one. They seem very confident of a win and after four years in the Prem, we feel like we should be able to get more points from newly promoted sides. Someone is wrong. I hope it's them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was about to bemoan a second week of shite games on TV.
Then it occurred to me, maybe its not them, perhaps it's me!!

That said Everton v Burnley Monday night is a big ask even for fans of Everton.

TV companies get their obligations towards lesser clubs out of the way early on because they can only pick who they want to show after every club has had its minimum number of televised games fulfilled. So expect us to feature heavily before Christmas. :rolleyes:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Brentford v Albion is a funny one. They seem very confident of a win and after four years in the Prem, we feel like we should be able to get more points from newly promoted sides. Someone is wrong. I hope it's them.

It makes my piss boil that even after 4 years every club sees Brighton as a game they can win and get pissed off if they don't, home or away.
Even though we are a tough team to play against (usually) and we have a decent record against the top teams including coming from behind to beat Man City and piss Pep off in the process.
Or is this just me that thinks this?
I think we scare the top teams before playing them more than the rest, which is absurd.
Brentford should not really be looking forward to playing us and should certainly not think that it's an easy 3 points, but they are on a 1st season crest of a wave and unbeaten.
I hope we win big and put them back in their box.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It makes my piss boil that even after 4 years every club sees Brighton as a game they can win and get pissed off if they don't, home or away.
Even though we are a tough team to play against (usually) and we have a decent record against the top teams including coming from behind to beat Man City and piss Pep off in the process.
I think we scare the top teams before playing them more than the rest, which is absurd.
Brentford should not really be looking forward to playing us and should certainly not think that it's an easy 3 points, but they are on a 1st season crest of a wave and unbeaten.

You will get splinters if you sit on that fence too long.

Tell us what you really think.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The thing is, if you are a Brentford fan looking for where any wins will come from, you simply have to pick wins over TeamsLikeBrighton if you don't know much about us.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The thing is, if you are a Brentford fan looking for where any wins will come from, you simply have to pick wins over TeamsLikeBrighton if you don't know much about us.

Exactly the same as us in our first season looking at the likes of TeamsLikeWatford or TeamsLikeStoke and feeling more confident of a result, and being pissed off if we didn't get a result because if you don't win those games you're (generally) in the shit.

Really nothing to get worked up about. As it stands, we really aren't anything too much for other teams to fear, as much as some seem to think we should be. 4 finishes just above relegation zone. Yeah we played some pretty football last season but we were soft as fvck for the most part, so why shouldnt the likes of brentford fancy themselves, esp at home riding high.

Hoping we do go and stuff 'em tomorrow, though

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Yeah but it makes the #teamslikebrighton comments even funnier after we beat them

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

We are where we are which is a team in comparable quality to most teams that come up. We are their opportunity. They are ours. We have failed in the last few seasons to take that opportunity. Is it different this season? Who knows! We have shown signs but better recruitment would have shown intent. Instead we are reliant on GP expertise which is still in question. IMO

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd love it if Norwich won at Arsenal

Be careful what you wish for! The Express (yes I know!) are suggesting Thomas Frank and GP will be their targets if they end up sacking Arteta.

If there is even a smidgen of truth in this and looking long term one of our 0-4 defeats might be the best result for us today if Arsenal lose to Norwich :wink:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its too early in the season to give too much of a toss about all the results. Wins for us and Nuno's new team would be fine by me.

Two pointless clubs afterwards would be a bonus.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm all for laughing at them with a clear conscience, but this is the shite that comes back and bites you in the bottom

E-_Ci4BXsAIzraq.jpeg

Oh and

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here