Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pubs Pre Brentford

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
:bhasign:I always thought the pubs around Griffin park were good pre game boozers. Are they still the best options or does anyone know of anything better?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I used to live round that area, there are loads of really good pubs, but if you head towards the towpath of the Thames there are some cracking boozers.
A lot of Fullers pubs that I usually find are top notch and you can't go far wrong with a pint of London Pride.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Excellent preview on the match by Brentford fan Ian Westbrook can be read here:
https://beesotted.com/brighton-preview-september-2021/
He details a magnitude decent of pre-match boozers:-
When at Griffin Park, Brentford was well known for its four pubs – one on each corner of the ground. Three are still operating – The Griffin is closest to the old away end and has always been very popular with away fans – but also very, very busy. The New Inn is on the other side and has also been popular with away fans. The Brook pub is the other option if you want to be around what is left of our old home.

From the New Inn, you can walk down Green Dragon Lane and then turn left on to Kew Bridge Road where you will find the Express Tavern – an ale pub with a retro feel. If you sit in the garden, you can see our new stadium towering over you.

Across the road is One Over the Ait – a spacious boozer right next to Kew Bridge, and the only home fans’ only pub. It is situated on the location of the now-demolished Oxford & Cambridge pub where Brentford Football Club was founded in 1889.

Cross the bridge and there are two pubs on Kew Green – the Cricketers and the Greyhound.

North of the river along well-to-do Strand on the Green, you will find The Steam Packet, in an old Cafe Rouge, The Bell, City Barge and the Bulls Head – two pubs side-by-side in which you would often see Ant and Dec hanging out.

There is also The Pilot – close to Gunnersbury station.

Other pubs slightly further afield for the more creative amongst you include (and this is by no means a definitive list) …. The Globe (Windmill Rd) & The Lord Nelson (Enfield Rd) are both incredibly friendly and cosy away-friendly pubs and about one minute walk from each other …. frequented by “away fans in the know”. And there are plenty of other pubs in and around Brentford High Street.

The Plough (Northfields Ave) in Northfields is a decent stop-off if you are coming by tube to Northfields.

The ‘Northfields run’ makes a much better pub crawl route than South Ealing – getting off the tube at Northfields station, turning left and stopping off at The Plough (2 min walk), The Lord Nelson (10 min walk from The Plough) & The Globe (1 min walk from The Nelson) en-route before ending up at The Griffin (8 min walk from The Globe). There’s also a relatively new tiny microbrewery pub in Northfields called The Owl and The Pussycat (Northfields Ave) – right turn out of the station away from the ground as opposed to left.
If you decide to get off at South Ealing station, we’ve heard a few people pop into Roddy’s Bar. If you like your craft beer, another fairly new pub worth checking out is The Black Dog Beer House, formerly The Albany, on Albany Road, which is fairly busy before and after the match. There is a pub right by Brentford mainline station referred to as … the Pub by Brentford station.

For real ale head to the Magpie and Crown pub on Brentford High Street. The Royal Horseguardsman (Ealing Road) can probably hold 15 of you at a push. The Brewery Tap (Catherine Wheel Road) is a cosy boozer by the river.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I used to live round that area, there are loads of really good pubs, but if you head towards the towpath of the Thames there are some cracking boozers.
A lot of Fullers pubs that I usually find are top notch and you can't go far wrong with a pint of London Pride.

Strand on the Green (home of Fullers offices) and the Bell & Crown & City Barge (although they’ll be rammed).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Having read the Brentford fans pub recommendations above I forgot it was called Strand On The Green, I called it the towpath.
Been to most of the pubs mentioned they are all good.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thought this was a thread about where we were going to drink, not fill up with fuel?

I think he's referring to the legendary Blue Parrot.
Tempted to go myself even though I don't have a match ticket, the atmosphere will be electric in there (well, as always!)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think he's referring to the legendary Blue Parrot.
Tempted to go myself even though I don't have a match ticket, the atmosphere will be electric in there (well, as always!)
My favourite pub, been there many times. Even on a non match day.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Went to the Brook, an eye watering £6.25 a pint then the New Inn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here