Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC U23s v Blackburn U23s at the AMEX - 10 Sept

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nice to see the U23s get to play at the Amex a bit more , not going to this one as taking in the U21s trip to Walsall on Tuesday night in the EFL Papa Johnstones Data Systems Cup so hoping for a club stream perhaps .

Considering we've loaned out a bus load of fringe players the U23s have started well this season, will be interesting to see if Ferguson starts tonight or finds himself in the first team squad for the Brentford game, that outcome whilst unthinkable pre transfer window now seems quite possible.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Nice to see the U23s get to play at the Amex a bit more , not going to this one as taking in the U21s trip to Walsall on Tuesday night in the EFL Papa Johnstones Data Systems Cup so hoping for a club stream perhaps .

Considering we've loaned out a bus load of fringe players the U23s have started well this season, will be interesting to see if Ferguson starts tonight or finds himself in the first team squad for the Brentford game, that outcome whilst unthinkable pre transfer window now seems quite possible.

Ferguson has been job sharing for the U23s and only playing the second half. I suspect there is a plan to make sure he doesn't get over played.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

I’m hoping to be there on Tuesday - I haven’t been to an away game at U21/23 level before - do away fans(however many) congregate anywhere in the ground?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’m hoping to be there on Tuesday - I haven’t been to an away game at U21/23 level before - do away fans(however many) congregate anywhere in the ground?

The U23 matches I've been to before are a bit like non-league matches and fans can mingle/sit where they like.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd have gone to this match tonight but only found out about it yesterday so had already made plans. Do quite enjoy the U23 matches.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

For away games I've been to with the U23s you tend to get between 70-200 usually depending on location and opposition, Walsall away on a Tuesday night I reckon about 80, names to follow.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jeremy Sarmiento makes his first start for Albion:-

Albion.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jeremy Sarmiento makes his first start for Albion:-

View attachment 140301

Youngish team, I think. Hope for a good result.

Just to think, if we could put out -
Rushworth
Dendoncker - Ostigarde - van Hecke - Cochrane
Jensen - Caicedo - Molumby
Longman - Zeqiri - Sima​

- we could really do some damage in this league!

Edit: On second thoughts, the team on the field are doing a pretty decent job! Two up in 20 minutes ....................

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Youngish team, I think. Hope for a good result.

Just to think, if we could put out -
Rushworth
Dendoncker - Ostigarde - van Hecke - Cochrane
Jensen - Caicedo - Molumby
Longman - Zeqiri - Sima​

- we could really do some damage in this league!

The league exists only as a means to develop talent. The ultimate goal isn't to win U-23 matches, it is to produce players for the first team (of course, with fees being generated by selling those that don't quite make it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here