Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Matrix Resurrections - Trailer

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Let's hope it's good.

Oooooh, I had no idea they were even making that - thanks for posting.

What's weirdly coincidental is that not 5 minutes ago, I was listening to White Rabbit!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Only recently watched the first Matrix for a second time. I even understood what was going on having gone to the cinema on original release expecting a standard Hollywood action romp.

Never did watch Matrix 2 or 3. The scathing reviews put me off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only recently watch the first Matrix for a second time. I even understood what was going on having gone to the cinema on original release expecting a standard Hollywood action romp.

Never did watch Matrix 2 or 3. The scathing reviews put me off.

The sequels could never live up to the original. But M2 does have one of the most spectacular car chase sequences of all time (IMO). An awful lot of mumbo-jumbo to get through though, which is why both sequels fail.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm so excited!

It has the potential to be amazing. It also appears that the 'modern' Matrix experience will have a lot to say about our current 'real world' society.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It has the potential to be amazing. It also appears that the 'modern' Matrix experience will have a lot to say about our current 'real world' society.

Thus it was with the original trilogy which was just ahead of it's time and perhaps less demonstrable in its direct linkages to modern life and all it's pitfalls.

Quite astonishing to know that Keanu Reeves is 57

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Let's hope it's good.

Loved the 1st Matrix and the 2nd had its moments with the Better homes twins but the 3rd was truly awful. I've never been so disappointed in a film walking away from the cinema until the Last Jedi came along with its space greyhound racing. All of the good bits are when they are twatting around in the Matrix not a poor man's Starship Troopers yarn in Zion. The trailer would suggest they've learnt that.

I really hope this is decent, Neil Patrick Harris is a good addition. He's great.

Remember all. There is no spoon.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Quite enjoyed the sequels tbh.

The scene where they were defending Zion, I thought was great

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Quite enjoyed the sequels tbh.

The scene where they were defending Zion, I thought was great

The sequels are fine, not brilliant. Worth a rewatch before this comes out, I'd suggest.

All 3 films are heavy with philosophical ideas, but the 2nd and 3rd take that up a notch, much of which probably goes over most people's heads... whereas the 'concepts' in the 1st film were simpler and much more accessible.

I really want this to be good, as the whole concept of the Matrix movies is fascinating.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Agree - the sequels weren't bad films but could never live up to the original which was simply incredible.

Having said that, some of the Smith fight scenes were spectacular in all 3, a bit of a travesty Hugo Weaving isn't returning.

Still, looking forward to this.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The sequels are fine, not brilliant. Worth a rewatch before this comes out, I'd suggest.

All 3 films are heavy with philosophical ideas, but the 2nd and 3rd take that up a notch, much of which probably goes over most people's heads... whereas the 'concepts' in the 1st film were simpler and much more accessible.

I really want this to be good, as the whole concept of the Matrix movies is fascinating.

The trouble with the philosophical ideas in 2 in particular were the awful dialogue in key scenes which tried to be too clever and not explain anything simply (in contrast to the human body being compared to a battery in 1 for example).

They actually had some good ideas with the one being a recurring flaw and the number of iterations of the Matrix itself but by the time Neo and Trinity were brown bread I was past caring. The characterisation was lost in a sea of CGI Hugo Weavings and a load of bore off randons in zion. Still, minor gripes in the scheme of things as the film industry has changed massively since 1999. Nice to look forward to a film and a break from another marvel film with the kids.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
From that trailer it looks like a bit of an excuse to rehash some iconic scenes with modern technology and CGI.

I'm intrigued to know what's going on though so I will definitely be going to see it!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
From that trailer it looks like a bit of an excuse to rehash some iconic scenes with modern technology and CGI.

I'm intrigued to know what's going on though so I will definitely be going to see it!

Well, we know what happened before had happened before, was there 7 Neo’s met the Architect before? So when the machines took Neo and he defeated Smith, did they permanently install him back into the Matrix, assuming he’s meeting the next generation of Trinity & Morpheus? Dunno, loads of possibilities with the narrative of The One, The Oracle, Architect etc.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Agree - the sequels weren't bad films but could never live up to the original which was simply incredible.

Having said that, some of the Smith fight scenes were spectacular in all 3, a bit of a travesty Hugo Weaving isn't returning.

Still, looking forward to this.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

To this day, i still pity any work colleague I meet called Anderson as I simply cannot address them in any other way than in full-on Hugo Weaver mode. And it's bloody irritating.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To paraphrase Mel Brooks " The Matrix Ressurections : The Search for More Money "

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Amazing how much CGI has improved in the last 20 years.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Well, we know what happened before had happened before, was there 7 Neo’s met the Architect before? So when the machines took Neo and he defeated Smith, did they permanently install him back into the Matrix, assuming he’s meeting the next generation of Trinity & Morpheus? Dunno, loads of possibilities with the narrative of The One, The Oracle, Architect etc.

I think yes he was installed back into the Matrix as part of the truce between the machines and the oracle?? I'm not sure he's meeting the next generation of Trinity though as she's older.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here