Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mandatory jabs for Nhs staff and care workers.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If you're dealing with the sick and the vulnerable then yes, you should be vaccinated

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm amazed that there are those in the NHS, especially in the front line, who don't want to be vaccinated. Much more unlikely to die from Covid now, but in the old days it was akin to playing Russian Roulette.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm amazed that there are those in the NHS, especially in the front line, who don't want to be vaccinated. Much more unlikely to die from Covid now, but in the old days it was akin to playing Russian Roulette.

My eldest was genuinely terrified going in to work on a Covid ward in the early days of the pandemic........couldn't get vaccinated fast enough as soon as she possibly could but like others did a pretty long spell unvaccinated simply because it wasn't available.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

im amazed some nurses go further and are anti-vaccination. very few i hope, honestly think they should be asked to leave the profession, not ready for modern medicine.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Of course anybody working with the sick or infirm should be vaccinated. Not just against covid but against any other infectious diseases where vaccination is recommended.

Total no brainer.

But then I can't get my head around any of the "arguments" coming from the anti-vax loonies.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I believe in certain areas of front line Nhs roles a number of vaccine jabs are already mandatory (?) a good practice move or one step to far as in what is next ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58496967

In answer to your question a good practice move, the reality will be more challenging assuming there are no doubt a lot of staff refusing to be based which will be legally challenged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not for or against, just wanted to say that I understood the topic just by reading the title which is a Leebrookgull first seen I joined here. Mighty impressed.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is not about people’s personal freedoms, it’s about people being paranoid.

For years you have had to be vaccinated against various diseases including but not exclusively, diphtheria, typhoid , yellow fever and even meningitis to travel to some destinations. I don’t believe these are just ‘advisory’ but are an entry requirement enforceable by law .
I have never heard anyone complain about this loss of personal freedom.

I say this as someone who has had to be vaccinated as a requirement to be employed in a certain job.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It sets a dangerous precedent if people are essentially forced to have jabs against their will.

There must be a better way to improve vaccination rates on a voluntary basis.

doctors and medical professionals in particualr areas require vaccinations for HepB, other examples, so there's no new precedent here. im only surprised its not more widespread in healthcare already.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course it's the right thing. What a strange question.

I assume you are unaware he got a month ban last year for suggesting Covid was a hoax :shrug:

These threads are perhaps the covid equivalent of bi-curiosity ???

Covid-curiosity. It works like this. First, you avoid reading anything legitimate about it on an NHS, NIH, BBC (yes, them) website, and just pick up snippets on 'why-o-why_net.com' and 'thingshaveallbeenruined.com.

Then, despite there being a whole NSC section on Covid filled with threads initiated by people who work in the NHS, public health, etc., you start random threads on the main board of NSC asking covid-curious questions.

Then, without reading any of the replies, you conclude, like the barmaid in the 1960s ads for Trophy bitter, that 'no, that jab's not for me, but I like the men who've had it'.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My misses (nhs) is just coming to the end of her Covid 10 day isolation. She had her second jab over 6 months ago, I had mine about 3 weeks ago, I havent caught it off her so my body must be fresh with the vaccine. I think people will definitely need boosters..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Medical professionals are dealing with people who are at a very vulnerable time, liable to pick up any virus that is going around. Of course innoculations should be mandatory.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My eldest was genuinely terrified going in to work on a Covid ward in the early days of the pandemic........couldn't get vaccinated fast enough as soon as she possibly could but like others did a pretty long spell unvaccinated simply because it wasn't available.

People like your eldest, ( a nurse preumably?), deserve a hell of a lot more credit than they have been given in my opinion. From what l can gather, those early days in the makeshift Covid wards, were little short of horrific.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It sets a dangerous precedent if people are essentially forced to have jabs against their will.

You would have thought so but you have to consider the terminally thick. If they won't accept the science and take their jabs then the only option is to make the lives of the anti-vaxers such a misery that they give up. If that means covid passports so the anti-vaxxers can't go out to pubs, clubs, footie, concerts, public transport, on holidays, then it serves the morons right.

It's like a young kid. You try to explain what's right thing to do but if they keep on ignoring you there comes a time where they have to be punished. With the anti-vaxers, that time has come.

Take your jab or take the consequences.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
doctors and medical professionals in particualr areas require vaccinations for HepB, other examples, so there's no new precedent here. im only surprised its not more widespread in healthcare already.

Whilst it grieves me to write anything sensible on this egregious thread....

I work in a hospital. I teach at that hospital and at another campus, in London. Both places will soon be swarming with unvaccinated students.

I do not have to prove I have been double jabbed to come onto campus (including parts of the hospital) to teach. I am also 'deemed' low risk because the online survey I have to take 'for my health and safety' defines moderate and high risk as having actual cancer, now. Having a tendency to chronic respiratory infections (like the one I have now) and being over 60 are 'deemed' low risk. OK, mates.

I will leave it to an actual physician or nurse to answer whether they have already been told they must be double jabbed to be at work. As the BBC link shows, jabbing is not law, so working practices are managed currently by coercion (which is fine, but it would better be law). The libertarian prick who is currently playing at being PM is against coersive control, as he would see it. My expectation is that this won't pass as a law. Instead words like 'it is expected that' will be used, and as now the burden will fall on the employer to set local rules. This will allow a minority of dick heads to continue to defy convention and do what they like.

For how this will turn out, my local posh farmshop food hall (Macknade) has a 'no mask, no entry' rule which till a month ago was followed by all (unless they had one of those exemption lanyards - luckily gammon don't use this store) with those declining being refused entry. Since 'freedom day' an increasing number of people are brazenly entering the store without a mask, and the staff have stopped monitoring entry, sanitizing the trolleys and asking people to wash their hands.

It is pretty obvious to all what's happened - freedom day has emboldened the freedom lovers - albeit the inferences will be different: some will remain anxious about it all going pear shaped, while others are rejoicing now all that soppy covid scaremongering and restrictions bollocks have gone at last.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I posted this the other day that I had been told about this by my manager. I'm double jab so won't affect me.

I also said about a highly skilled (glue like) engineer refusing the jab and what would happen. I had a chat with him and he has not been approached about it yet.

As someone as rightly pointed out, to become a nurse you need a couple of jabs just to do your placement on wards. My Mrs had to have them at the beginning of her first year, 10 week placement, she just completed.

I'm in the camp where I won't judge anyone who gets/had one, and anyone that doesn't want one.

As long as I know within my self I am morally doing the right thing, that's all that matters.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

But they are not being forced to have jabs against their will. They are just being told that they will need jabs to work with the sick and vulnerable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here