El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i sometimes wonder why James Blunt is the education minister. and when i realise my mistake, i wonder if he'd be better.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I know it is an easy mistake to make, and we both have lived in Manchester so fully understandable if an error is made, but if Gavin Williamson is reading NSC (he may have mistaken it for the Houses of Parliament) I would like to point out that I am not Marcus Rashford, or Maro Itoje either.

https://news.sky.com/story/gavin-williamson-accused-of-mixing-up-marcus-rashford-with-black-rugby-player-maro-itoje-12402155

[Tweet]1435600502079868930[/Tweet]

If he’s reading NSC he’d probably mistake you for this guy ….. [emoji6]

2861c4cdb0d8f33ba1f3713281f695cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You can see why Iannucci stopped making 'The Thick Of It'. This shower of self serving, morally bankrupt, entitled, incompetents constantly produce inadvertent, real life, absurdist satires on our political system that even the best comedy writers would struggle to compete with.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Williamson's role appears to be that of making Priti Patel look competent by comparison.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know it is an easy mistake to make, and we both have lived in Manchester so fully understandable if an error is made, but if Gavin Williamson is reading NSC (he may have mistaken it for the Houses of Parliament) I would like to point out that I am not Marcus Rashford, or Maro Itoje either.

https://news.sky.com/story/gavin-williamson-accused-of-mixing-up-marcus-rashford-with-black-rugby-player-maro-itoje-12402155

I wonder what it was which made him mistake Rashford with Itoje?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I tell you what REALLY p155es me off about GW. Being the Secretary of State for education he refers to the young people on the end of education as “children” in every respect, for every age group, even if he’s talking about GCSE level, or even A Level, he calls them “children”.

I bet a strapping 17 year old lad loves being referred to as a child. Every young person moves from being referred to as a child to being referred to as a young person or student at some age, I reckon that transition is likely about age 9 or 10.

Why can the lily-livered effeminate wispy lispy voiced a55hole that is GW, bearing in mind his whole job is about educating young people, not refer to them as ‘students’? He’s bound to be a casualty in the reshuffle anyway, so feck him, useless tawt.

And breathe….

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The thing that really got me about this story was that it wasn't a passing comment where he muddled them up, he had a meeting Maro Itoje and thought he'd met Marcus Rashford.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Williamson's role appears to be that of making Priti Patel look competent by comparison.

He has two roles. You've identified the first. The other is that he is the token state-educated chump in the cabinet. The fact that he is a drippy, thick cretin probably allows the rest of the cabinet to justify why there are so many "born to rule" Etonians and the likes in positions of influence compared to the general population.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whoever he is I’m against him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Maro is about twice the size of Marcus .... is among the many reasons why this is a crass error

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

In the history of the whole world has there ever a nation run by so many morons? Even the US never got this bad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maro is about twice the size of Marcus .... is among the many reasons why this is a crass error

I was looking at Maro’s six pack. To be fair, I’m surprised I don’t get confused with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here