Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Golf clubs for sale

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Now when it comes to golf I’m quite firmly in the Mark Twain camp that golf equates to “a good walk spoiled”. I have had the odd hack about on my local course and found it quite enjoyable but due to the fact that my back and hips are not quite up to scratch I cannot see me going round a golf course again. So I cannot use the bag full of golf clubs I’ve inherited from my late uncle. I don’t know what the value is of second hand golf clubs - can anybody help me ?
The clubs in question are the following :
Wilson - 3, 4 5,6,8 irons,Sand wedge, putter,3 wood and 5 wood
Pro formance 7 iron
Pro king putter
Trident 3 wood
Lynx 1 iron
SVP driver
Plus golf bag

Any ideas what I should ask for them or indeed does anyone want to make me an offer or are they just fit for the scrap heap ?

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
You'll get a reasonable, but low, estimate of what the clubs are worth from here: https://www.golfbidder.co.uk

I recently got a quote on some 5 year old Titleist clubs which I then sold on a local buy/sell website for about 50% more than this site offered. So golfbidder is in the right ball-park, but need to cover their overheads.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now when it comes to golf I’m quite firmly in the Mark Twain camp that golf equates to “a good walk spoiled”. I have had the odd hack about on my local course and found it quite enjoyable but due to the fact that my back and hips are not quite up to scratch I cannot see me going round a golf course again. So I cannot use the bag full of golf clubs I’ve inherited from my late uncle. I don’t know what the value is of second hand golf clubs - can anybody help me ?
The clubs in question are the following :
Wilson - 3, 4 5,6,8 irons,Sand wedge, putter,3 wood and 5 wood
Pro formance 7 iron
Pro king putter
Trident 3 wood
Lynx 1 iron
SVP driver
Plus golf bag

Any ideas what I should ask for them or indeed does anyone want to make me an offer or are they just fit for the scrap heap ?

I would imagine condition is vital to any valuation, have you tried saturday morning swap shop on BBC 1 ?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Just Golf Clubs is a Brighton based dealer who would collect. Looking at the spec of your sticks I'm not sure you'd get much though.

You should keep the Lynx 1-iron for when you're out in an electric storm and hold it above your head....'cause even God can't hit a 1-iron

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Depends on condition. stick them on marketplace.

if they are standard set of wilsons you'll be lucky to get £50-£75 for them. If they are a Wilson Staff you will get a bit more.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
You'll get a reasonable, but low, estimate of what the clubs are worth from here: https://www.golfbidder.co.uk

I recently got a quote on some 5 year old Titleist clubs which I then sold on a local buy/sell website for about 50% more than this site offered. So golfbidder is in the right ball-park, but need to cover their overheads.

Golfbidder are great but they won't take the OP's clubs as the iron set is not complete. They may take the Wilson woods and putter if decent but this lot look more suited to eBay or a boot sale.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wow a lynx 1 iron…that is a collectors item and probably worth listing on eBay. ( put a reserve of about £100)

Btw for people wanting clubs, Silvermere fitting centre are quoting 18 weeks delivery on most decent sets. I am after fitted Mizuno JPX921’s and you can get the bog standard ones on online golf etc, but not fitted!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wow a lynx 1 iron…that is a collectors item and probably worth listing on eBay. ( put a reserve of about £100)

Btw for people wanting clubs, Silvermere fitting centre are quoting 18 weeks delivery on most decent sets. I am after fitted Mizuno JPX921’s and you can get the bog standard ones on online golf etc, but not fitted!

:lolol: I was about to suggest that you would be interested!

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014

I import golf club components from China, the lead time from the foundry has gone from 90 days to nearly a year....can't get grips for love nor money...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

Thanks for the tip !

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Seems the Chinese clubs are a bit light on quality too - have a watch of this ...

Not all the stuff that comes out of China is rubbish. We are using top quality foundry's in China as are a lot of the OEM's such as Callaway and suchlike. The knock off's are rubbish quality.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not all the stuff that comes out of China is rubbish. We are using top quality foundry's in China as are a lot of the OEM's such as Callaway and suchlike. The knock off's are rubbish quality.

Bigbod

Do you have any JPX 921 forged or hot metal?

Are they suitable for 9 HCapper? I only ask as I have a set of MX25’s which I have played for 3 years and they are getting a bit bashed and chipped!

Cheers

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Wilson golf bag currently gathering dust in garage contains :14 clubs

3 iron
4 iron
5 iron
6 iron
7 iron
8 iron
9 iron
Pitcher