Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Job Opportunity

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://jobsinfootball.com/job/20180/general-manager-football/

This looks like a cracking opportunity for someone to start their career within the football industry.

Definitely. Cheap housing (compared to here anyway), near the coast with Blackpool and all it's delights minutes away and sounds like a nice community club - bit like Lewes in terms of setup and size perhaps...............academy, women's team and men's team. Love the honesty in the advert :)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Definitely. Cheap housing (compared to here anyway), near the coast with Blackpool and all it's delights minutes away and sounds like a nice community club - bit like Lewes in terms of setup and size perhaps...............academy, women's team and men's team. Love the honesty in the advert :)

Hmm, I don't like this bit:

We work hard at Fylde so again don't apply if you are looking for “a work life balance” or have to pick the kids up from school twice a week at 3.30.

I appreciate this is a bit OT but this is something I've noticed conversations about the workplace recently and on LinkedIn etc. I do think we need to get away from the dated belief in this country that to be a success in your career that you have to sacrifice everything else. You can still work hard but also pick the kids up if necessary and have a work life balance. It's important for mental health and children/families. I thought the pandemic and lock downs had changed things but we do seem to have gone back to old habits a bit with regards to this.

Sorry, I know I've gone off on a tangent but it's something that I feel strongly about and a lot of employers just take the piss.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
What a load of old sh|t.

"We work hard at Fylde so again don't apply if you are looking for “a work life balance” or have to pick the kids up from school twice a week at 3.30."

It's a very dated view that to provide hard work, you need to clear the decks from 9-5 (or probably 8-whenever for this lot) and therefore not be able to organise your work to enable a school pick-up or two AND work your nuts off. I can imagine there's a lot of out of (normal office) hours work required for this, so why discount someone that might need an hour out of the afternoon to collect the kids and then get back to it at some other time? Not exactly family friendly at best and discriminatory at worst.

They also want a leader, but not someone who will delegate... (I get what they mean, but unless this 'General Manager' literally does everything themself, they are going to need some delegation skills)

It's nice that they've confirmed they are not in the Monkey Tennis League though (it hasn't been the 'Premiership' in England for how long now?)

They really should have got someone who knew what they are doing to write that advert.

Maybe it's deliberately sh|t in the hope it goes viral for wider reach? (though I'm not sure this publicity is good publicity, despite the saying)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We work hard at Fylde so again don't apply if you are looking for “a work life balance” or have to pick the kids up from school twice a week at 3.30.

I appreciate this is a bit OT but this is something I've noticed conversations about the workplace recently and on LinkedIn etc. I do think we need to get away from the dated belief in this country that to be a success in your career that you have to sacrifice everything else. You can still work hard but also pick the kids up if necessary and have a work life balance. It's important for mental health and children/families. I thought the pandemic and lock downs had changed things but we do seem to have gone back to old habits a bit with regards to this.

Sorry, I know I've gone off on a tangent but it's something that I feel strongly about and a lot of employers just take the piss.

Umm, it's a Crodo thread.......consider yourself whooshed :)

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

I got distracted between starting & finishing my post, but I see I'm not the only one! :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I actually thought the same - Although it is probably not illegal to make such a statement on a Job Advertisement - I think it was unnecessary - Such things could be discussed at interview.

Such a statement makes Shannon Sullivan sound like '' The Child Catcher '' and '' Baroness Bomburst '' from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang all rolled into one

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I applied but apparently they want you in work every other Saturday afternoon from August till May plus occasional Tuesday / Wednesday evenings? Balls to that.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Pisstaking aside, do have to wonder why they've posted it - if that's how they genuinely operate they're going to get slammed.

It was probably the Chairman/owner who wrote it - a job the General Manager would do if there was one. (as long as he/she wasn't picking the kids up of course). I am assuming the chairman/owner is a dinosaur.

It's obvious why Crodo posted it by the way, but that doesn't make the ad itself any less sh|t!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I applied but apparently they want you in work every other Saturday afternoon from August till May plus occasional Tuesday / Wednesday evenings? Balls to that.

I too also applied - They were impressed that I didn't have any kids to pick up after school; however, when I stated that I would need 5 minutes off twice per year to have a W4NK - they told me that that just wouldn't be possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So it's a job that involves me seeing less of my kids...

...where do I apply?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What a load of old sh|t.

"We work hard at Fylde so again don't apply if you are looking for “a work life balance” or have to pick the kids up from school twice a week at 3.30."

It's a very dated view that to provide hard work, you need to clear the decks from 9-5 (or probably 8-whenever for this lot) and therefore not be able to organise your work to enable a school pick-up or two AND work your nuts off. I can imagine there's a lot of out of (normal office) hours work required for this, so why discount someone that might need an hour out of the afternoon to collect the kids and then get back to it at some other time? Not exactly family friendly at best and discriminatory at worst.

They also want a leader, but not someone who will delegate... (I get what they mean, but unless this 'General Manager' literally does everything themself, they are going to need some delegation skills)

It's nice that they've confirmed they are not in the Monkey Tennis League though (it hasn't been the 'Premiership' in England for how long now?)

They really should have got someone who knew what they are doing to write that advert.

Maybe it's deliberately sh|t in the hope it goes viral for wider reach? (though I'm not sure this publicity is good publicity, despite the saying)

It's done that alright!

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-09-07T15-20-34.156Z.png

https://twitter.com/search?q=Fylde&src=trend_click&f=live&vertical=trends

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would love to know how Crodo tumbled across that. I click on the link with a certain amount of trepidation (there are ladies in my kitchen) I must confess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here