Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brothers that play Fitba'

Moaty

Aug 19, 2021
Lochend,Edinburgh
It may not have caught your attention but Paul McGinn has been called up to the Scotland squad as cover for injuries,Covid etc.It may be that he faces Austria tonight alongside his brother John.I can think of two other famous brother couples,the Laudrups and the Nevilles.
My first ever game was in 1969 when Hibs played a close season game against Newcastle when two brothers played,one for Hibs the other for the Toon.(Unfortunately their name escapes me).The Charltons were another two! But can you think of other siblings that played fitba'?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It may not have caught your attention but Paul McGinn has been called up to the Scotland squad as cover for injuries,Covid etc.It may be that he faces Austria tonight alongside his brother John.I can think of two other famous brother couples,the Laudrups and the Nevilles.
My first ever game was in 1969 when Hibs played a close season game against Newcastle when two brothers played,one for Hibs the other for the Toon.(Unfortunately their name escapes me).The Charltons were another two! But can you think of other siblings that played fitba'?

In the 2016 Euros brothers Granit and Taulant Xhaka played against each other. Granit for Switzerland and Taulant for Albania.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At one point in the 80's we had brothers Eric and Willie Young playing centre back together,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Wilkins brothers?
Gary and Tommy Elphick?
The Lua Luas?
There were a lot of Latchfords back in the 1970s too.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Timmy and Tammy (Kevin) Abraham

Trevor and Nathan Chaloba

Joe Chris and Matthew Willock

Justin and Gavin Hoyte.

Josh and Joe Murphy.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As there are LOADS of brothers, can we narrow this down to twins?

It's a bit tenuous because I don't think the better-looking one ever broke through to the first team, but the Dowie twins were both on the books at Saints & Palace:

dowie.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here