Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Twenty six years ago today.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
[YT]TRj3dKKp9tI[/YT]

One of the seminal moments of 90's football and one you can trace back as a turning point where the game went from one attended by almost exclusively young men and yobs to the universal game we love today.

Can still remember where I was when I saw this, will always stay with me and I am still agog when I watch it all these years later.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No doubt I will get whooshed given I don't get the OPs 'humour' but the game was played 6 September 1995 so the thread is a day late.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh .... hilarity ... It was an incredible moment though

But if i'm the fellas manager, i'm subbing him off immediately and not playing him again.

It doesn't matter that it worked. If he tries it, and celebrates it, he's not looking out for the team.

Great for the neutral though and i'm confident Bobby Sanchez won't be looking to emulate it any time soon.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
one of those that looks spectacular if it works, but what a plonker if it had gone in! We have all seen keepers making the most out of diving saves but this one is OTT

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The save is almost as good as the hair.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Pfft, the flag was already up for offside.

The look on his face when he realises he’s pulled it off is absolutely brilliant. He must have been planning it in his head for some time, surely?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I bet there are a few of the lucky 20,038 on attendance who have kept their ticket stub to confirm 'they were there' the night Higuita did his scorpion kick. The player who hit the snapshot seems to have been erased from memory.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
[YT]TRj3dKKp9tI[/YT]

One of the seminal moments of 90's football and one you can trace back as a turning point where the game went from one attended by almost exclusively young men and yobs to the universal game we love today.

Can still remember where I was when I saw this, will always stay with me and I am still agog when I watch it all these years later.

A seminal moment, really? . . . if l were Higuita's manager l would have had a coronary

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
OG-CS510_201905_G_20190524114219.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here