Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Perv

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Sad to hear Brighton’s celebrity doorman passed away yesterday.
Was always here for a good time rather than a long time I guess.
He’ll be immortalised in that Fat Boy Slim video.

Sad news for people of my generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought this was about Neil Shipperly the palace legend.

RIP to the man of course.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Sad to hear Brighton’s celebrity doorman passed away yesterday.
Was always here for a good time rather than a long time I guess.
He’ll be immortalised in that Fat Boy Slim video.

Sad news for people of my generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know him but in the early 90s always saw him about and was aware of him as a 'character' on the clubbing scene, I used to go to Bingo Bongo a lot. RIP The Perv.

https://youtu.be/O0tdflvbTJQ

macky

Dec 28, 2004
The Perv RIP There's a blast from the past Did'nt he have a hotel ? At one point

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Perv RIP There's a blast from the past Did'nt he have a hotel ? At one point

Not sure about a hotel but he always had a hat.

RIP

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Back in the day everyone knew Perv or knew of him if you went out dancing rather than fighting. I'd kind of forgotten about him until a couple of years ago when a mutual friend bumped into him, still on the door of a club.

Unfortunately this will hit a group of people I know quite hard who are already coming to terms with losing another clubbing "face" from those days, a live engineer from the Concorde who was one of those genuinely lovely people that you never forget (I know [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION] knows who I'm talking about). Many of his friends also knew Perv.

Altogether, gutted :(

RIP Perv (and Tommy)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Back in the day everyone knew Perv or knew of him if you went out dancing rather than fighting. I'd kind of forgotten about him until a couple of years ago when a mutual friend bumped into him, still on the door of a club.

Unfortunately this will hit a group of people I know quite hard who are already coming to terms with losing another clubbing "face" from those days, a live engineer from the Concorde who was one of those genuinely lovely people that you never forget (I know [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION] knows who I'm talking about). Many of his friends also knew Perv.

Altogether, gutted :(

RIP Perv (and Tommy)

Yeah mate, I have thought about little else for a couple of weeks. The worst part is being stuck over here and unable to get back. As soon as I am able though.

Perv was instrumental in many of the best nights out I had. I was only ever on nodding terms with him (like most of Brighton at that time).

Tom was instrumental in most areas of my life for most of it.

Brighton has lost two parts of its fabric in the last couple of weeks.

RIP Perv and Tommy

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sad news and brings back some memories. Got to know him a bit through Andy Crock who was a good, good friend and DJ around Brighton's clubs in those days until he tragically died following an accident in '94. The thought of those two finally re-united somewhere makes me smile.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Sad news and brings back some memories. Got to know him a bit through Andy Crock who was a good, good friend and DJ around Brighton's clubs in those days until he tragically died following an accident in '94. The thought of those two finally re-united somewhere makes me smile.

And Carlos (Lanterna Majika) Bingo Bongo

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Hard to imagine him not being around. Was a seemingly eternal part of the sound system scene. Full of shamanic wisdom as well – helped me keep my chin up on loads of occasions. Think my favourite memory is the retrospectively misguided but very justifiable introduction of a kitchen in the backroom at C2.

Always instantly think of him whenever I hear The First Big Weekend by Arab Strap, which he was the personification of. Pfft.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The Perv, King Jerry - wow, those are some names and faces from Brighton past. Next someone will mention Dick Damage ...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I saw Perv last running the UK SUBS gig at the Con Club must have been November 2019 pre pandemic. I first knew him when him and Chrissie (Bone Orchid) and the lovely goth women would often be doing the door of Subterfuge back in the early 80's. A real figure of Brighton and feels like he has gone far to early. Brighton has another piece missing now.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Such sad news. Instantly recognisable by his cowboy hat. A regular and recognisable face on the Brighton scene in the past. RIP Derrick the Perv.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
King jerry is still around he celebrated his birthday a few weeks ago 79 or 80 years

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here