Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Overseas

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a call to all overseas ST holders, and occassional AMEX visitors, who might be impacted by the rule changes come October.

As things stand, whilst I am double-jabbed, have an EU Covid Passport (in German and English), I can only get access via a negative LFT. Whilst the reluctance to accept the EU passport is frustrating, I do not have an issue with the current rules. Come October, if the LFT option is removed then I might not be able take my seat in the AMEX.

I am hopeful the Albion and the EPL will consider our situation, but (if needed) I feel it will be useful to communicate with the club as a group to see if we can find a way forward.

Aside from this particular issue, it will be useful to know who else travels from abroad just to share experiences and/or knowledge, tips about traveling and the trials and tribulations of being an overseas supporter.

Please respond to this post or PM me.

Yours, hopefully worrying about nothing, Herr Tubthumper.

PS If you want to complain about the Covid rules then please use the other thread.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
To be honest, by the time Australia opens the borders the rules will probably have changed numerous times. I imagine flights will be ludicrously expensive at first too so I have no idea how long it will be before I am in a position to be looking for a ticket:(
But yes, it would be nice if there was a way for us distant supporters to be able to get to a game occasionally.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This is a call to all overseas ST holders, and occassional AMEX visitors, who might be impacted by the rule changes come October.

As things stand, whilst I am double-jabbed, have an EU Covid Passport (in German and English), I can only get access via a negative LFT. Whilst the reluctance to accept the EU passport is frustrating, I do not have an issue with the current rules. Come October, if the LFT option is removed then I might not be able take my seat in the AMEX.

I am hopeful the Albion and the EPL will consider our situation, but (if needed) I feel it will be useful to communicate with the club as a group to see if we can find a way forward.

Aside from this particular issue, it will be useful to know who else travels from abroad just to share experiences and/or knowledge, tips about traveling and the trials and tribulations of being an overseas supporter.

Please respond to this post or PM me.

Yours, hopefully worrying about nothing, Herr Tubthumper.

PS If you want to complain about the Covid rules then please use the other thread.

I thought that as it stands, you can only enter the UK if you had a negative test and had a vaccination certificate?
Would the negative test used to enter the UK be accepted at the Amex if within 48 hrs? (The one visitors have to take within two days of arrival.)

If not, it seems my annual visit to a live game or two will not be in 2021/22 season.:(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought that as it stands, you can only enter the UK if you had a negative test and had a vaccination certificate?
Would the negative test used to enter the UK be accepted at the Amex if within 48 hrs? (The one visitors have to take within two days of arrival.)

If not, it seems my annual visit to a live game or two will not be in 2021/22 season.:(

You are correct regarding entry to the UK. But you cannot use the flight test to gain entry to the AMEX as it has to be an NHS LFT. Likewise you cannot use the vaccination certificate used to enter the UK.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You are correct regarding entry to the UK. But you cannot use the flight test to gain entry to the AMEX as it has to be an NHS LFT. Likewise you cannot use the vaccination certificate used to enter the UK.

This maybe a silly question but why can’t you do a NHS LFT on the way over from Berlin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
This maybe a silly question but why can’t you do a NHS LFT on the way over from Berlin?

If they are still accepting them for entry to the stadium and from a previous trip, you have some, then yes it is possible.

The sensible solution would be that the UK Junta accept the EU Covid Passes alongside the NHS passes. Same vaccines, just administered by a non NHS person.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Potentially my fault as on another thread I mentioned continuing "chatter" that the Covid Pass will only show your vaccination status from October and not any clean LFT result. Of course, we don't know if that will definitely be true or if the club will continue to accept an LFT anyway. The whole point I think HT is getting to is to get a co-ordinated response that works for everyone overseas rather than internet "chatter", and certainly not another Covid binfest.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I am in the same situation as HT . Are we sure the LFT will be discontinued ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The taking of an NHS LFT is not the issue, the issue is if the government/club remove this as an option for us overseas supporters.

But as you ask, whilst I could take the test anywhere, I can only register it once I am in the UK as the NHS site is geo-blocked. It has to be registered as I need the NHS confirmation email/SMS to get entry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am in the same situation as HT . Are we sure the LFT will be discontinued ?

No. And hopefully it will not be.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The taking of an NHS LFT is not the issue, the issue is if the government/club remove this as an option for us overseas supporters.

But as you ask, whilst I could take the test anywhere, I can only register it once I am in the UK as the NHS site is geo-blocked. It has to be registered as I need the NHS confirmation email/SMS to get entry.

Sounds like a visit to the planes rest rooms on the way over and register it on landing [emoji106] hope the club don’t remove this for you ex pats then.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I potentially had this problem with a visitor in October from Europe for the Man City game. This is how I’m managing it.

Here’s what you do. If you’re the foreigner, get someone in the UK to go to a chemist and collect their free lateral flow tests. On the day of the match (or up to 48 hours before) when in the UK do the test while here. Report the result to the NHS. All you need is a valid mobile phone number or email address to report the result but it doesn’t have to be your email or phone because you enter your name when reporting the result. It’s probably safest to use a UK phone or e-mail but it doesn’t have to be yours. The NHS then send that person confirmation of your result with your name on it. Print that out (or have it on your phone). Job done, in terms of the jab/test status. You’ll also need ID which could be your passport with the name matching the name on the NHS confirmation.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
When the scheme was announced Barbs acknowledged that there may need to be some tweaks for international ticket holders depending on what the Government policy is. So I'm sure you'll have an option.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

OK thanks for the info, seems no live game in 2021/2 then. :(

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
With the new rules re testing it was always looking difficult getting to see a game at the AMEX this season (even getting to UK without having to quarantine, despite double Astra Zeneca jabs), now with Mexico being red listed, looks like it will be another season watching courtesy of SKY. Rather sad, in all my close to 50 years away never been so long without a trip back to Brighton....

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I am planning (hopefully) a trip over late Sept/early Oct and potentially had an eye on the Arsenal home game. I'm double vaccinated in Germany. I have triple proof of vaccination, the DE CovPass app, EU certificate plus also officially recorded in my WHO vaccination book. If none of that is good enough for the club, then so be it. They can do one. There's enough confusing hoops to jump through atm for travelling to see family for the first time in ages. Faffing around for a test to watch the Albion when fully vaccinated. Nope.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If they are still accepting them for entry to the stadium and from a previous trip, you have some, then yes it is possible.

The sensible solution would be that the UK Junta accept the EU Covid Passes alongside the NHS passes. Same vaccines, just administered by a non NHS person.

I agree. The EU recognise the NHS passport without any hassle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here