Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Foldable bikes

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Wife is keen on a folding bike so she can reduce her carbon footprint and start getting the train to work. Budget up to £400.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Appreciate that this is not going to get us anything with high spec, but it would be nice to avoid something that others have found problematic.

Grateful for any suggestions or pointers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't have one myself but the the best really did seem to be Brompton when I use to commute, may meet her budget

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Don't have one myself but the the best really did seem to be Brompton when I use to commute, may meet her budget

Sadly it won't - Bromptons are somewhat more expensive, even old and battered on eBay.

Your best bet is a Dahon or Tern bike with 20" wheels - they're very similar to each other (I think one company formed from the other). They don't fold as small as a Brompton, but they ride more comfortably and closer to a normal bike.

Edit: that said, even those seen to be more expensive than I recall - bike supply/prices are crazy at the moment...

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Get one with a comfy saddle…and as another poster said 20inch wheels..deals with potholes better imho…all the best in your search…second the tern/dahon route

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sadly it won't - Bromptons are somewhat more expensive, even old and battered on eBay.

Your best bet is a Dahon or Tern bike with 20" wheels - they're very similar to each other (I think one company formed from the other). They don't fold as small as a Brompton, but they ride more comfortably and closer to a normal bike.

Edit: that said, even those seen to be more expensive than I recall - bike supply/prices are crazy at the moment...

Aye…sellers market

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here