Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hampshire (or further west!) based fans:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So with no parking available and no trains from Littlehampton to Brighton, I just wondered how you were planning to get to the Leicester game on Sunday 19th?

Park and ride is clearly going to be very popular that day, is it is going to be the best option?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'll be driving and can park at my Mums in Portslade. My dad gave me the heads up the Shoreham Bridge section of the a27 is closed in both directions with a diversion through Shoreham. Lovely stuff [emoji1751]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Someone kindly highlighted this a couple of weeks ago so I jumped on the Seagull Travel option quickly. They do run coaches from Havant / Emsworth so maybe that is an option for those in exile over the border.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Someone kindly highlighted this a couple of weeks ago so I jumped on the Seagull Travel option quickly. They do run coaches from Havant / Emsworth so maybe that is an option for those in exile over the border.

Any further west than Pompey though, and l imagine you are absolutely stuffed without a car, taking the train up to Clapham Jct then down to the game is probably just as quick than mucking about on rail replacement buses.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So with no parking available and no trains from Littlehampton to Brighton, I just wondered how you were planning to get to the Leicester game on Sunday 19th?

Park and ride is clearly going to be very popular that day, is it is going to be the best option?

With all due respect to LA, it's far worse than that. No trains from Barnham either. So much of West Sussex-based lines essentially stuffed for travel by train

Jul 7, 2003
Any further west than Pompey though, and l imagine you are absolutely stuffed without a car, taking the train up to Clapham Jct then down to the game is probably just as quick than mucking about on rail replacement buses.

Trains are running as far as Littlehampton so potentially plenty of options along the line to pick up a coach (Havant, Emsworth, Chichester, Barnham, Bognor or Littlehampton).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Thanks for the heads up, don't want to mess around and potentially not have this option either as I think they'll now get booked quickly so I've just done the same from Havant.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I'll be driving and can park at my Mums in Portslade. My dad gave me the heads up the Shoreham Bridge section of the a27 is closed in both directions with a diversion through Shoreham. Lovely stuff [emoji1751]

not sure if that is right , thought it was eastbound one week and westbound the other ? hopefully someone in the know will post and confirm

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
not sure if that is right , thought it was eastbound one week and westbound the other ? hopefully someone in the know will post and confirm

For the safety of our workforce and customers, and to allow enough time for the material to cure, the A27 will be closed over the following two weekends:

8pm on Friday 10 September through to 6am on Monday 13 September 2021 – closure of the A27 eastbound carriageway from Manor Road roundabout to the A283 Shoreham junction
8pm on Friday 17 September through to 6am on Monday 20 September 2021 – closure of the A27 westbound carriageway from A283 Shoreham junction to the Manor Road roundabout
During the closures, signed diversion routes will be in place via A259.

el punal

I’m going up from Southampton Central to Clapham Junction, then onto East Croydon* and down to Brighton. About 2 hours 30 minutes journey time and £20.00 fare with card. At least I won’t be stuck on a poxy bus!

* Meeting up with family Punal for our grand day out - three generations going to watch the mighty stripes! :albion2:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
For the safety of our workforce and customers, and to allow enough time for the material to cure, the A27 will be closed over the following two weekends:

8pm on Friday 10 September through to 6am on Monday 13 September 2021 – closure of the A27 eastbound carriageway from Manor Road roundabout to the A283 Shoreham junction
8pm on Friday 17 September through to 6am on Monday 20 September 2021 – closure of the A27 westbound carriageway from A283 Shoreham junction to the Manor Road roundabout
Thanks for that, sorry for the confusion!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Many thanks studio 150 , so a longer journey home then :down:. Better that than on the way there !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m going up from Southampton Central to Clapham Junction, then onto East Croydon* and down to Brighton. About 2 hours 30 minutes journey time and £20.00 fare with card. At least I won’t be stuck on a poxy bus!

* Meeting up with family Punal for our grand day out - three generations going to watch the mighty stripes! :albion2:

Going via Clapham Jct probably doesn't take too much longer anyway, that train that runs along the coast from Southampton, is as slow as as a snail, with seemingly a station stop every few hundred yards.

The bus that is replacing it would probably overtake it! :)

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Work was due to take place over the weekends of 11/12 September and 18/19 September, however we took the decision to reschedule both weekends due to the number of events taking place in the area. Along with restrictions on the rail service on our second planned weekend of work, this would have had too great an impact on our customers.

The work has now been rescheduled to take place over the following two weekends:

8pm on Friday 24 September through to 6am on Monday 27 September 2021 – closure of the A27 eastbound carriageway from Manor Road roundabout to the A283 Shoreham junction

8pm on Friday 8 October through to 6am on Monday 11 October 2021 – closure of the A27 westbound carriageway from A283 Shoreham junction to the Manor Road roundabout

From https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/south-east/south-east-maintenance-schemes/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Also, for people travelling from the West - it’s the Goodwood Revival this weekend too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Home to Falmer. 69 miles.

THREE hours there.

Two and a half hours back.

Grim.

Thank goodness the bit in the middle was fantastic :clap2:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Home to Falmer. 69 miles.

THREE hours there.

Two and a half hours back.

Grim.

Thank goodness the bit in the middle was fantastic :clap2:
Did you get caught in the traffic after the crash on the a27. Luckily we found out before we got that far and could divert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here