Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Chubby Brown cancelled

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Any venue can choose who and what to promote in line with their values. I'm sure Roy will find a venue somewhere to peddle his dated wares.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Reality of course that the comedian in question is deeply controversial and over the years has often been refused permission to perform at a number of venues.

I've easily found a reference to a theatre not allowing him to perform from 15 years ago.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm sure there are other venues in Sheffield. One place doesn't want him. Try another. If enough people want to see him they'll find a way.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Do you think venues should be forced to put on shows? That's much more sinister.

Venues should be forced to put on right wing 'comedians' to balance the apparent left wing bias.

Lee Hirst is available.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As much as I’ve enjoyed his act over the years, a sign of the times

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-woke-decision-axe-comics-Sheffield-gig.html

A colleague at work played me a Chubby Brown video once - was to far OTT to me. although at times grudgingly funny (always with an 'Aww, no, you shouldn't go there!' sort of cringe). I can see how he could cause wokes, snowflakes, millenials and all those who think anybody's who's English should have to do pennance to anyone who wants a bit of schadenfraude because the Tudors were muredeous b**tards, to have apoplexy.
So I've come to a comfortable compromise. Carry on, Mr. Brown, infuriate them, drive 'em to the edge of distraction, apoplexy an optional extra, just so long as I don't have to watch/listen, OK?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Do you think venues should be forced to put on shows? That's much more sinister.

Yawn, yet another oohh controversial > then run away thread from the OP.

Reality of course that the comedian in question is deeply controversial and over the years has often been refused permission to perform at a number of venues.

I've easily found a reference to a theatre not allowing him to perform from 15 years ago.

Same agenda, different day.

Seems not getting Knitting Club approval before posting a thread for discussion is an excuse for mob rule and personal slights.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My only question is why anyone would find him funny anyway ?

Would he have any material left if he took out the offensive stuff ? If he hasn't then he's not much of a comedian is he ?

Utter tripe*

* ''Living next door to Alice' was funny though. Especially at an away match at Ashton Gate where they accidentally played it over the tannoy pre-match.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd never bother going to a Chubby Brown gig, because I find him about as funny as pancreatic cancer. But if some people like his schtick and actually deliberately buy a ticket to go and see his show, then what right has anyone else to say "no sorry - you're not watching that". Its pathetic. You don't like it - don't bloody pay to go and watch it.

I await the swathes of whataboutery.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here