Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we have an unofficial no Dickheads rule?

Do we have a No Dickheads Policy?

• Yes

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Debated on another thread. What's your thoughts.

We have one in the squad imo, he's still pretty young so hopefully he'll mature rapidly. Reminds me of Fergie who would always push for his players to settle down and get married.

Aside from him I think we don't bring in Dickheads on purpose. I think it's part of the Club make up and bringing in GPott was part of that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think all clubs will claim to have this. It is more an NSC myth than anything else though tbh. One person said it and it’s now stuck as our official stance on here - sorry but true :lol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think all clubs will claim to have this. It is more an NSC myth than anything else though tbh. One person said it and it’s now stuck as our official stance on here - sorry but true [emoji38]
Indeed. Maty Ryan first mentioned it, so it goes beyond NSC though.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think it is an important part of the box ticking process. We seem to put a lot of thought and analysis when considering reinforcements. I can’t believe that they would want to bring in anyone who upsets the apple cart.
Sometimes youngsters coming through players can become Billy Big B*****ks. If it can’t be knocked out of them by our coaches and management, then they’ll be on their bikes. The club also knows that supporters expect a decent standard of behaviour from its players.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The (unofficial) NDP was in place under Sir Chris, it's therefore likely to be a Bloom trait . . . .most good/successful businesses have good employee harmony.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would hope No Dickheads was always part of the initial recruitment process. Tho there's always going to be risk of players getting their heads turned as soon as they get here. Or were here already and were one court decision away from having their contract cancelled and maybe going to jail... :whistle:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No doubt the club research’s the baggage before recruitment.

I work for a bank and we open source and screen all customers prior to on boarding for all manner of reasons (PEPS, financial crime, reputation risk etc)

The threshold will differ club by club no doubt based on the need and appetite, see Nile Ranger as a working example.

I imagine internal issues are well known within the industry.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think it might factor in when singing someone (as I would imagine every club considers how they'd mesh with the squad you already have), if it's the same youngster I'm thinking of as the OP is then that wasn't really an option.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Unofficial is the key word……

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There certainly won't be an OFFICIAL one.

As for unofficial, I doubt it. In the past our recruitment has seemed quite "Money Ball" and I'm sure that we'll have known that (two name a couple of players who get "press") Maupay can be a sensitive soul and Andone a bit of a nutcase. If we didn't know Duffy's refuelling habits then we should. But in each case they bring something to the party that we needed at the time. In Duffy's case it was to partner Dunk and give us the strongest centre back pairing in the Championship, in Andone's to give Murray a rival and/or replacement, in Maupays to create chances and wind up the opposition.

As for the player alluded to in the OP, he's more a development than a signing and has let his own publicity go to his head.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wouldn’t say there’s an explicit policy but the club have said they look into player behavior and character so wrong ‘uns will get weeded out by this. It seems to work as most of our recent signings seem to be quite professional and level headed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here