Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As they shifted this to Sunday so I can’t go due to golf society do in Bristol, does anyone think there is any point in putting the ticket up for sale using the clubs option? There will be 4 of us all in the same position as we are all STH and would have gone on the Saturday!

I assume they only sell tickets if it’s a near sell out?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The ticket exchange only goes live if it's a sell out. But there is the option, if you've upgraded your ST, to tranfer your ticket to someone in your friends and family list (as long as they are My Albion + members).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The ticket exchange only goes live if it's a sell out. But there is the option, if you've upgraded your ST, to tranfer your ticket to someone in your friends and family list (as long as they are My Albion + members).

Unfortunately none of the family left in the area follow the albion anymore and I haven’t got any friends.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
No chance.
Stupid rule of not being able to pass on ticket. 4 empty seats. My 2 will also be empty

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No chance.
Stupid rule of not being able to pass on ticket. 4 empty seats. My 2 will also be empty

I have emailed mr Barber re this. He doesn’t agree obviously. But I know the huge majority of fans think it’s pointless and silly. He also pointed to the travel subsidy we give when I pointed out no other prem clubs are charging for this. But not everyone uses the travel subsidy.

OP - yes of course there’s a point in listing them - just do it and see? I did my 3 for Everton but it was literally 100 or so short of selling out and they didn’t open the exchange - frustrating. But more frustrating I couldn’t give them away for FREE like I normally would - to people who wouldn’t go and spend £40 per ticket with the club - so not robbing the club of any money either - they may realise next season and drop this whole bullshit thing and just let people pass on as they always have.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I have emailed mr Barber re this. He doesn’t agree obviously. But I know the huge majority of fans think it’s pointless and silly. He also pointed to the travel subsidy we give when I pointed out no other prem clubs are charging for this. But not everyone uses the travel subsidy.

OP - yes of course there’s a point in listing them - just do it and see? I did my 3 for Everton but it was literally 100 or so short of selling out and they didn’t open the exchange - frustrating. But more frustrating I couldn’t give them away for FREE like I normally would - to people who wouldn’t go and spend £40 per ticket with the club - so not robbing the club of any money either - they may realise next season and drop this whole bullshit thing and just let people pass on as they always have.

I still don’t see the logic to releasing potentially better seats early even with a slight premium to cover any loss against the match day price of a less desirable seat?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I am not sure the policy of allowing a ticket to be shared was intended to run beyond this season, I think it was done only because people may stay away from many games due to Covid, but not want to give up their season ticket long term. Officially the club only has permitted 6 transfers of your seat per season.

There have been various "scams" to avoid paying the club what it wants for the seat. The six times a season rule I believe was to combat those who bought a juniour season ticket, and then upgraded it for the games they could attend, whilst only losing the child rate for games they couldn't make.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

They will be soon because all the car parks will be closed :moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Publius Ovidius;999I haven’t got any friends.[/QUOTE said:
I don’t believe you :lolol:

That’s my line

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It’s going to interesting getting to and from the stadium as it’s the rescheduled London to Brighton bike ride on the same day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It will cost £45 to let someone you know have your seat. Mad thing is can buy a guest seat in same stand for about £35 and tell them your seat is empty.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Once schools and colleges are back then usually normal attendances occur. Post-covid obviously things might be different but well worth listing ticket on exchange for that match if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It will cost £45 to let someone you know have your seat. Mad thing is can buy a guest seat in same stand for about £35 and tell them your seat is empty.

This is why so many are upset about this scheme. If you’re just going to miss 1 match it’s not worth it.

Will be more like £48 as doubt the friend will want to set up a recurring direct debit so will need to pay £28 instead of £25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It’s going to interesting getting to and from the stadium as it’s the rescheduled London to Brighton bike ride on the same day

Mayhew for those travelling by train, given buses on the west coast line, and then bike riders wanting to return up the mainline.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Nailed it , utterly ridiculous and self inflicted - drop it for next season

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Mayhew for those travelling by train, given buses on the west coast line, and then bike riders wanting to return up the mainline.

I think the Hove to Brighton part of the West coast line is closed for two weeks and straddles the Leicester game. Anyone know if they will divert trains on the West coast line via Preston Park if it is closed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here