Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Finally got the details of my sons U12 match through and it is at a really annoying time - 10:30. Means we should be done by 12 and then will check traffic and see whether we jump in the car down to the AMEX which will be a 100 mile dash.

Don't mind missing the first few minutes but will draw the line if we are going to miss the first half. The one week I desperately wanted his game to be early or late so that my decision was made for me and they chuck it in the middle.

Almost identical to us. Away to Chichester u12s (typical we're 20 miles further away than usual!) 10am kick off.

Should be finished around 12, then the missus is gonna bomb us to the Amex. Anyone know the best/easiest places to be dropped off?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Almost identical to us. Away to Chichester u12s (typical we're 20 miles further away than usual!) 10am kick off.

Should be finished around 12, then the missus is gonna bomb us to the Amex. Anyone know the best/easiest places to be dropped off?

near the stadium

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I really do not understand the clubs stance on the exchange. It’s clearly commercially driven but its flawed.

The simple notion that the none STL will likely want to sit together with people they know or have a preference on stand has been lost and will impact uptake.

It’s easily addressable by simply putting a premium on pairs / certain stand vs standard rate on the singles for the less desirable seats. But importantly put all seats on offer at the same time.

Reducing the Albion+ fee once you have purchased a match day ticket would also be sensible and more desirable.

They could even trial this and look at the impact.

I think the accountants are too busy counting the receipts from the near sell-outs, which - given the time of year, Covid and opposition - have been pretty remarkable.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

The club recommend a car park in the university close to the underpass which leads to the station and the ground . I think it is best accessed by passing the entrance to stanmer park . I have not used it personally but in the past have got off the 25 bus there and found it fairly easy .
Hope that is some help and please remember it is better to arrive late than not at all !
edit :- just seen on another thread that coldean lane is closed for the bike ride so that makes it difficult to access the stanmer park entrance ! :tantrum:

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Made the decision to give this a miss now due to a number of reason's stacking up.

1. Contactless Stadium - Only have access to cash this weekend due to our accounts & cards being blocked due to an attempt at fraud against us. Currently awaiting new cards & online logging in details from bank.

2. - Engineering works on West Coast Way - This combined with the above and it being a 2pm kick off resulting in me not being able to purchase any food and drink when there combined with the longer time required for travel (I don't drive) has completely put me off.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'd say perhaps the club could try and find out why a season ticket holder wasn't attending and see if it was temporary ( health / childcare issues ? ) or a permanent situation, and if it was permanent then if they offered the ST a pro-rata refund then there might be an available seat.

Didn’t they write to you to warn you? I’d be surprised if the offer to open up a conversation with the club wasn’t on offer in the letter?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The latter I would think. The ST holder already has a match ticket and benefits from the 200 points for that purchase.

Nobody gets points for STH guest tickets. The tickets are in the STH name so the club has no idea who attends as they aren't allocated. The STH already has points for that match and doesn't get any more for buying guest tickets.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Isn't it student drop-off Sunday? That slip road could be a log-jam...

The Uni traffic will be using the entrance to campus from the Falmer exit of the A27 (think the club call it Knight's Gate in their info) and football traffic will be using the road that goes past Stanmer Park. That's the theory anyway!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Nobody gets points for STH guest tickets. The tickets are in the STH name so the club has no idea who attends as they aren't allocated. The STH already has points for that match and doesn't get any more for buying guest tickets.

Ah that’s what I was getting at ! Albeit indirectly
Better of buying as general sale at least that way they accrue points
As tickets are allocated to a fan number
Rather than a ST buying for them then and no points allocated

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Did you guys manage to make it?

We jumped in the car (after a 3-1 win - hurrah). Made good time before being hit with traffic at the M3/M25 junction, got hit with a biblical storm which slowed traffic to a crawl and got to the Mill Road P&R at about 1:53. Ran round to a bus and 'only' missed the first 20 mins after the A27 traffic.

All worth it until the boy turned to me on the way back and went 'Dad - I think I forgot to do my Maths homework and it is due tomorrow' - bloody kids

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Did you guys manage to make it?

We jumped in the car (after a 3-1 win - hurrah). Made good time before being hit with traffic at the M3/M25 junction, got hit with a biblical storm which slowed traffic to a crawl and got to the Mill Road P&R at about 1:53. Ran round to a bus and 'only' missed the first 20 mins after the A27 traffic.

All worth it until the boy turned to me on the way back and went 'Dad - I think I forgot to do my Maths homework and it is due tomorrow' - bloody kids

Haha sorry to hear that! We originally planned to go straight from Chi (stonking 9-3 win by the way :lolol:) but as the weather had taken a turn for the worse we had to head home first to grab our coats. Left home at 13.30, took half an hour to get through the nightmare traffic that is Broadwater/Lancing and nearly decided to give up and head home. Hit the Falmer traffic around 14.35, crawled up the slope, jumped out and ran. Somehow got to our seats as GOSBTS started.

Was saying on the way "this had better be worth it". Luckily it was!

We normally leave so so early so we don't get caught like that. But unfortunately sometimes it's unavoidable. Anyway thanks for reading my Sunday diary.

Edit: forgot kick off was 14.00 - subtract an hour from the times stated :facepalm:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Haha sorry to hear that! We originally planned to go straight from Chi (stonking 9-3 win by the way :lolol:) but as the weather had taken a turn for the worse we had to head home first to grab our coats. Left home at 13.30, took half an hour to get through the nightmare traffic that is Broadwater/Lancing and nearly decided to give up and head home. Hit the Falmer traffic around 14.35, crawled up the slope, jumped out and ran. Somehow got to our seats as GOSBTS started.

Was saying on the way "this had better be worth it". Luckily it was!

We normally leave so so early so we don't get caught like that. But unfortunately sometimes it's unavoidable. Anyway thanks for reading my Sunday diary.

Edit: forgot kick off was 14.00 - subtract an hour from the times stated :facepalm:

Great news - very glad I wasn't the only one stressing with the joys of youth football followed by the main event :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here