Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Did somebody say Just Eat….

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Lovely to see the girls and boys in orange out and about in numbers across the city on their new electric bikes [emoji122]

Does anyone know whether they only deliver to addresses that are close to the food preparation site/restaurant or are they expected for example to pick up a Kebab order in Church Road and cycle upto Hangleton as an example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always in awe of the folks in this town cycling up some of the steeper inclines with a big box of other people's lunches on their back, or sometimes towing an entire branded trailer. Looks like seriously hard graft for probably scant reward. Utmost respect :bowdown:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
…and as previously discussed in another thread be sure to give them a nice tip.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Always in awe of the folks in this town cycling up some of the steeper inclines with a big box of other people's lunches on their back, or sometimes towing an entire branded trailer. Looks like seriously hard graft for probably scant reward. Utmost respect :bowdown:

Not bad money, its over minimum age for 18 year olds, 8/hour plus a small amount for each delivery

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

See my post above.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Very rare to get a tip as its all paid on line before. My daughter has been doing it for weeks and only got one tip

Is she enjoying it, I have noticed what appears to be more youngsters doing now.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I always tip if the weather is shit. Sod doing that for a job in Great British weather. As others have said, utmost respect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very rare to get a tip as its all paid on line before. My daughter has been doing it for weeks and only got one tip

That’s shit in my opinion. Very shit. Surely there’s an on-line tip function?

That said, the company we use takes a cut of online tips so I have a stack of coins and 5 euro notes at home which I keep for such purposes. Our household has a minimum of 5 euros per order policy. Other people I know also tip using cash.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That’s shit in my opinion. Very shit. Surely there’s an on-line tip function?

That said, the company we use takes a cut of online tips so I have a stack of coins and 5 euro notes at home which I keep for such purposes. Our household has a minimum of 5 euros per order policy. Other people I know also tip using cash.

They do have an online option

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hats off to anyone doing that job. Looks like genuine hard slog. A lot seem to enjoy it though, or have I misread that? But yeah, I tip them £3 cash whatever the order. Help them save up for a Walkman or whatever kids like now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I always tip if the weather is shit. Sod doing that for a job in Great British weather. As others have said, utmost respect.

Good on you, and given English weather I presume you tip more often than not? :lolol:

It’s a tough job, for low pay, and to mainly service people who are too lazy to go out and buy food for themselves. I include myself in this last point. They deserve a few extra quid for financial reasons, to let them know we appreciate their efforts and also it’s useful to reconcile the guilt of being lazy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside a new grocery delivery company has taken over Berlin called Gorrilas. I understand they employ staff on proper contracts, with all the associated benefits of a full time contract. Because of this they are hovering up the youngsters from fast-food delivery companies which typically have “gig” style deal and pay by the delivery with no benefits.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Went past the Maccy Ds on Shoreham Coast Rd yesterday (Saturday) about midday and was surprised to go see there must have been 10-15 of them waiting or cycling off with lunchtime orders. As others have said, seems mostly 'student' types. Good on them. Back in the day I had 2 paper rounds, before and after school, always felt great to earn my own money.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Good on old Just Eat, it seems they have followed Uber in offering minimum wage, paid holidays etc [emoji106]

f47d2bdbe94e2ce2ff49d50edb273040.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good on old Just Eat, it seems they have followed Uber in offering minimum wage, paid holidays etc [emoji106]

f47d2bdbe94e2ce2ff49d50edb273040.jpg

That’s good to hear.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Went past the Maccy Ds on Shoreham Coast Rd yesterday (Saturday) about midday and was surprised to go see there must have been 10-15 of them waiting or cycling off with lunchtime orders. As others have said, seems mostly 'student' types. Good on them. Back in the day I had 2 paper rounds, before and after school, always felt great to earn my own money.

Ha you've just Flashed me back to this thread, which was fun.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?378303-How-big-was-your-paper-round

I would say you'd fit right in, but it's more a case of 'only 2' :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here