Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Review Your Amex ST Block

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Describing other stands has no doubt been done previously as to atmosphere (or lack of it) and stereotypes of the occupants, however how would you describe your own current ST Block?

Here’s to finding the most harmonised and dysfunctional sections of the Amex.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Describing other stands has no doubt been done previously as to atmosphere (or lack of it) and stereotypes of the occupants, however how would you describe your own current ST Block?

Here’s to finding the most harmonised and dysfunctional sections of the Amex.

Are you palarse :moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perfect, sold to us by the Aussie who was employed by the club to sell the seats saying “you’ll be able to see the screens in the press box and get to see the replays of the controversial footage that doesn’t get shown on the big screens”

Wise words and it is great to “know” what happened within seconds.

Being on the half way line is also spot on

I wouldn’t change for anywhere else :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well pleased with my seat in the Lower West, (W1G), was forced to ask for a move from my previous block, (W1C), on the other side of the 1901 enclosure, after the first season at the Amex, due to the antics of a foul-mouthed kid who occupied the next seat.

Current seat is in Row R, about two thirds of the way back, and just inside tthe halfway line, most of my seat mates are great, and a couple have become good friends over the years.

el punal

Well pleased with my seat in the Lower West, (W1G), was forced to ask for a move from my previous block, (W1C), on the other side of the 1901 enclosure, after the first season at the Amex, due to the antics of a foul-mouthed kid who occupied the next seat.

Current seat is in Row R, about two thirds of the way back, and just inside tthe halfway line, most of my seat mates are great, and a couple have become good friends over the years.

Has the foul mouthed kid grown up yet, or is he still a tw*t?

el punal

I love where I am, and have been there since game one, D Block West Upper. Me and Mrs.Punal have got seats on the halfway line. Most of those around us have been there from the start so it’s a nice little social gathering every match, and with some, before and after each game in the concourse bars and at away fixtures too. :drink:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Are you palarse :moo:

No, I’ve moved from N1C as my youngest isn’t tall enough (misjudged on my part) to W3 for a more scenic view.

We won’t be in our permanent seats until the Newcastle game due to general sales. The next three are East Upper (Leicester) and different W3’s for Arsenal and Man City

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
West Upper, G

Also been there since day 1, and quite by chance I know lots of people sitting around me from as far back as the Goldstone days. Great view, great people, and can get quite loud singing up there at times. Sadly being an overweight 56 year old asthma sufferer, I'm not sure how many more seasons I'm going to cope with the climb up there though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always felt just perfick in N1G. Seat hand-picked to reflect as close as can be my old spot on the terraces in the old North Stand. Always felt it was a lesser thing, somehow, if needs must move anywhere else at all for friendlies, cup games, beam backs etc. Just feels slightly stranfe and unnatural. That's a bit weird, right?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Always felt just perfick in N1G. Seat hand-picked to reflect as close as can be my old spot on the terraces in the old North Stand. Always felt it was a lesser thing, somehow, if needs must move anywhere else at all for friendlies, cup games, beam backs etc. Just feels slightly stranfe and unnatural. That's a bit weird, right?

Oddly that’s stirred memories Got me thinking
Due to the Away and latterly the segregation pen
Am I remembering correctly that the North stand was effectively lopsided
Being far bigger towards the west (and for a time the Lego stand )
Back then I too would have stood in a similar area to you I think
Effectively the section behind the goal in the North if my memory s are true?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
West Upper, G

Also been there since day 1, and quite by chance I know lots of people sitting around me from as far back as the Goldstone days. Great view, great people, and can get quite loud singing up there at times. Sadly being an overweight 56 year old asthma sufferer, I'm not sure how many more seasons I'm going to cope with the climb up there though.

Block I - pretty similar to G and H - always seems a very harmonious nice support up there. No dickheads being over negative near me - apart from this bloke from Newhaven who ruins it for everyone…

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oddly that’s stirred memories Got me thinking
Due to the Away and latterly the segregation pen
Am I remembering correctly that the North stand was effectively lopsided
Being far bigger towards the west (and for a time the Lego stand )
Back then I too would have stood in a similar area to you I think
Effectively the section behind the goal in the North if my memory s are true?

Well in my case, the section behind the goal, to the left of the goal, halfway between the left of the goal and the corner flag. Sort of seemed like a respectful nod to my Albion past. Nice theory, tho doesn't quite explain Withdean H Block seat position tho :moo:

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
West Upper, G

Good to know there is still some atmosphere up there.

Out of interest Is it a case of most sitting down and only standing for the significants (corners, free kicks etc) as this was the point in moving, we are in the first 5 rows so unlikely to be an issue.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good to know there is still some atmosphere up there.

Out of interest Is it a case of most sitting down and only standing for the significants (corners, free kicks etc) as this was the point in moving, we are in the first 5 rows so unlikely to be an issue.

I'm about 5 rows from the back and to be honest, there is very little standing at all, other than goals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
West Upper, G

Snap :wave:

Edit apart from the asthma.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm about 5 rows from the back and to be honest, there is very little standing at all, other than goals.

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was hoping for and wanted to avoid the consolation prize of an overspend at the club shop each week!

Better start working on my calf’s

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
West Upper, D. Only had a season ticket a couple of years and was nomadic around the ground when I could get to games before that. Chose the seat because that part of the ground was my favourite combination of noise and view of the match.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
West Upper H (with zone A pricing). Been here 9 years and a great crowd of friendly people. Some long term fans who went regularly to Gillingham and Withdean. Good atmosphere, a lot of singing and everyone knows the words to GOSBTS. We even sing the chorus at the start of the second half, thanks to some singers leading on it from the back of the stand.

Great view of the pitch and always able to see the way play develops and goals are created/ missed. Pretty sure I'll keep my seat for life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here