Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Britannia - End series 3 (possible spoilers)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just finished watching this. Anyone else? Ending wtf?!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Didn’t realise the main character was one of the generals that invaded Britain under Claudius until I googled it.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I'm half way through season 3.
Two and a half seasons in and I still don't have a clue what's going on (other than it was a travesty killing off Kelly Reilly in season 1:censored:)

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
haven't started series 3 yet, wife and I have watched the first two and have said throughout that its well filmed but haven't got a clue what its about.

after this not sure we'll bother with 3 then!

we are as binge watching 5 series of Misfits. thats good silly fun

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The wife and I gave up on this half way through season 1. It should be right in our wheelhouse (the nerd in each of us like to spot the historical references, as well as enjoying an epic costume drama), but it all seemed a bit of a hodge-podge that fell flat. The attempts at humour were all a bit stilted, obvious and not really funny, while the drama wasn't very dramatic and I found it very difficult to give a sh|t about any of the characters.

Did we give up too early, or does it get better?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The wife and I gave up on this half way through season 1. It should be right in our wheelhouse (the nerd in each of us like to spot the historical references, as well as enjoying an epic costume drama), but it all seemed a bit of a hodge-podge that fell flat. The attempts at humour were all a bit stilted, obvious and not really funny, while the drama wasn't very dramatic and I found it very difficult to give a sh|t about any of the characters.

Did we give up too early, or does it get better?

No, you really didn't give up too early. It's an absolute catastrophe of a show. Quite how they managed to produce such utter horse sh**e when they had the open goal of the Roman occupation of Britain is beyond me. That period in time was fascinating, and ready-made for massive battle scenes (expensive I know) and yet they came up with this rambling piss-poor magical mayhem b0ll0x.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No, you really didn't give up too early. It's an absolute catastrophe of a show. Quite how they managed to produce such utter horse sh**e when they had the open goal of the Roman occupation of Britain is beyond me. That period in time was fascinating, and ready-made for massive battle scenes (expensive I know) and yet they came up with this rambling piss-poor magical mayhem b0ll0x.

:laugh:

Get off the fence why don't you Rob :lolol:

On a related theme, I absolutely HATED episode 1 of Schitts Creek and nearly gave up. Episode 2 not much better and #3 only started to show promise. Perseverance paid though as I'm halfway through season 3 & loving it. (I suspect this is discussed on the Netflix thread)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here