Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oldham Protest.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very half arsed pitch invasion from Oldham today after going 3-0 to barrow a hundred or so on the pitch sat in the centre circle.

What’s going on there?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea but you’ve reminded me of when I always expected us to lose when we played Oldham :shrug:

Sorry, that’s not much help but I imagine they still think they are a big team like I used to think they were, and getting stuffed by Barrow In Furness is unacceptable :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Something is going on there. There was a tennis balls on pitch protest at the previous home game and they are second bottom of League Two. Dodgy owner no doubt but not sure of the specifics

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Perhaps they are missing their plastic pitch? That seemed to give them something of a home advatage whilst they had that (yes, still bitter after all these years - and I'll also never forgive them for that thing they called a "pie" as well)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Perhaps they are missing their plastic pitch? That seemed to give them something of a home advatage whilst they had that (yes, still bitter after all these years - and I'll also never forgive them for that thing they called a "pie" as well)

So true. 550 mile round trip, freezing bloody cold, plastic pitch, ex-player hatrick against us (Andy Ritchie), an apology of a meat and potato pie (no meat) and lost 6-1. Oh, and the alternator went on the car on the way home as well. Not one of my better away days!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The owners have banned them from taking anti board banners and flags in to the ground.

Sounds just like 96/97 in Hove.

Wish them luck

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I remember when we turned protesting against football club owners in to an art-form. I miss those dark times strangely. Tons of great memories. Those too young to have been around in the mid '90s will never know what they missed. Everything from our War Years is well documented, but you had to be there.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I'd be protesting if I was in Oldham, too (etc. etc.)

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
So true. 550 mile round trip, freezing bloody cold, plastic pitch, ex-player hatrick against us (Andy Ritchie), an apology of a meat and potato pie (no meat) and lost 6-1. Oh, and the alternator went on the car on the way home as well. Not one of my better away days!

Nor was 1978

Nov 22, 2017
BN1
I remember when we turned protesting against football club owners in to an art-form. I miss those dark times strangely. Tons of great memories. Those too young to have been around in the mid '90s will never know what they missed. Everything from our War Years is well documented, but you had to be there.

Very true Jack, the days of Straws tours, Kevs caravan and Phipps trips.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003

Was a special time, looking back on it. Was a bit scary at the time though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

How true :thumbsup:

The gallows humour was unbelievable but there were so many intelligent and creative people leading us, we were on good hands :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This makes interesting reading:

Mr Abdallah Lemsagam holds 1 appointment at 1 active company, has resigned from 0 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 3 years, 7 months and 11 days at OLDHAM ATHLETIC (2004) ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where ABDALLAH holds a current appointment equals £5.9k, a combined total current assets value of £194.2k with a total current liabilities of £4.1m and a total current net worth of £-6.2m. Roles associated with Mr Abdallah Lemsagam within the recorded businesses include: Director

Sauce: https://companycheck.co.uk/director/924383014/MR-ABDALLAH-LEMSAGAM/summary

He's a front for someone shirley? ???

Edit: apparently not the brother:

https://find-and-update.company-inf...cers/HocZnOhOMhRCB_Hcd43q-H6S_ew/appointments

Edit again - unless someone can dig up some filth this simply looks like fans disgruntled at the lack of depth of the owners' pockets. Albeit there was the Scholes episode....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here